[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The Grand War
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

CHECK THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES TO THE STATUS OF THE GRAND WAR. UPDATES ARE REGULARLY POSTED. DETAILED STATUS IS BELOW.
WINNING TEAM GETS 300UC EACH!!

What is the Grand War?
The Grand War is a team-oriented series of matches where two factions fight each other for the chance at glory! A tournament with a twist, each team is comprised of 8 players which are broken down into 2 squads of 4 per team. At the onset of the competition, each team will have their "A" squad comprised of players who joined the war as a pre-structured squad. Within this squad will be 1 player who is assigned the rank of Captain. The Captain has an important role and duty of managing the rest of his team as well as making decisions for the team which will determine the outcome of the war. The second squad on each team will be the "B" squad, and this group will be formed from mercenary hires. The mercenaries are single entrants wishing to play a part in the war. For the purpose of balancing the combating factions for a lively fight, the Controller will determine which team the mercenaries are assigned. The Controller is the admin for the game. The game cannot be held without a Controller as this person will record all decisions made by the Captains and must remain unbiased and objective. Additional roles are available for the other players to play and come with special abilities which the Captain can choose to deploy against the enemy.

The war has 3 primary stages of combat. The main battle, the middle incursion, and the final battle. The main battle is meant to last the longest and serves as the foundation of the entire contest. During the main battles there will be smaller missions at specific intervals. What maps they take place on is determined by a dice roll. These matches are meant to be quick and fast fighting. Captains will choose who participates in the missions before they begin and special rules may be applied to each mission if possible. The outcome of every battle during the war will award points to the winning team. During the war, each team will have the ability to subvert the enemy. This game is meant to involve a degree of role play and secrecy, and for it to complete successfully players willing to be in it must agree to adhere to the rules laid out on page 3 of this post. At the end of the war all points are tallied and the winning team will be announced. In this event, every decision and battle matters.

This message was edited 19 times. Last update was at Mar 24, 2017 22:01

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

LETS MEET THE CAST!

<Controller>UW-Sandman

Factions:
Team 1
<Team Name> The Creepy All-stars
<Team Captain> Mistercreepy
<Squad A> Mistercreepy, Frisian, Vivacious, Miamimoose
<Squad B> Angkbar Angkbar, Bulldog60, Mystogan, Sloan

Team 2
<Team Name> The Justice League
<Team Captain> Scout73
<Squad A> Scout73, Doc Holliday , Catalyst, Desinternauta
<Squad B> SirBakesalot, Ice Princess, LexTalionis, Dont_B_the_Nail

{Unauthorized Access}
<###>*Redacted*
<###>*Redacted*
<###>*Redacted*
<###>*Redacted*

Mercenary Contracts
Angkbar Angkbar "I am poor. I need to feed my family of 40. Looking for steady work" TEAM 1
Mystogan "My reputation is unknown, I didn't have much combat experience until very recently. I have a lot of training experience. I can hold my own against top combatants. Thank you for choosing me" TEAM 1
Bulldog60 "I don't fight fair. I also don't Lose" TEAM 1
Sloan "Is this the line to sign up for the war?" TEAM 1

Ice Princess "I sell death. Death is for sale here" TEAM 2
Sirbakesalot "Hmph.." TEAM 2
LexTalionis "My services are for hire. I am eager to spill blood on the battle field" TEAM 2
Dont_b_the_nail "Maybe I'll fight for ya.. maybe I won't. But I definitely am keen to fight! TEAM 2

Battlefields:
<Main>
ECOArena [xFOUR] v.FINAL (created by: Vivacious)

<Intermediary>
{Unauthorized Access}

<Final>
{Unauthorized Access}

This message was edited 46 times. Last update was at Apr 09, 2017 08:28

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

RECORD OF EVENTS - THE GRAND WAR

FORMAT:ACTION,RCARD,RESULT
COLOR KEY:Rcard Started Finished Result

Example:
[main1race10,NONE,Team1 (victory criteria)]

The Captains meet in the war room
The Captains select their team roles
The war begins
[MAIN1,N/A,ONGOING] Mistercreepy will archive this match and share the replay
[MAIN2,N/A,ONGOING] Ice princess will archive this match and share the replay
[MAIN1SUPPLY10,NONE, TEAM 2 Recovered the most supplies] Mission: Resupply // Map: Bad Aim
[MAIN2DEATH10,NONE,TEAM 2 Captured 1st] Mission: Sudden Death // Map: NoTimeToExplain
[MAIN1EXTRACT15,NONE,ONGOING] Mission: Extract // Map: Rescue
[MAIN2SUPPLY15,NONE,ONGOING] Mission: Resupply // Map: Crash Site
[...Standby...]

This message was edited 38 times. Last update was at Apr 09, 2017 08:33

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

Roles players may take on. Captain is required. The maximum roles available per team is 5 (not including the captain). NO 2 MEMBERS ON A TEAM MAY HAVE THE SAME ROLE!!

Captain: decides who goes to battle. decides when to use restriction cards. decides instance battle victory award. serves as communication conduit between the Controller and the rest of the war.

Lieutenant: Second in command. A vary capable soldier.
ABILITY: he is able to perform the role of either Bureaucrat or Intelligence Chief(Rcard reveal only). 1 USE
Time of use: before a mission is set up for bureaucrat ability, anytime for intel chief ability

Intelligence Chief: The intelligence chief can gather information quickly.
ABILITY: he may demand knowledge of the enemy teams restriction cards OR reveal the enemy team player roles. 1 USE
Time of use: anytime

Bureaucrat: The bureaucrat has special communication networks, capable of bypassing normal operations.
ABILITY: Captain may choose the mission instead of the dice. If both teams have bureaucrats used at mission setup neither can choose the instance, but the instance will be based on 4 dice roll average. 1 USE
Time of use: before a mission is setup

Medic: The field medic heals your forces.
ABILITY: his presence will negate any restriction card imposed by the enemy. 1 USE
Time of use: before a mission is setup.

Scout: This person gives the team a sight advantage.
ABILITY: the match will proceed with NO FOG OF WAR. 1 USE
Time of use: before a mission is setup

Time Engineer: Time Engineers may reset events of the past.
ABILITY: may reset any mission match of choice to be replayed. 1 USE
Time of use: anytime. the chosen mission must have already occurred. Can't reset main mid or final

Spy: The spy has secret resources.
ABILITY: may call in a strike against the enemy. strike success= Enemy Team -2 points, ALL Enemy Rcards destroyed. 1 USE

Thief: Requisition expert.
ABILITY: Steal 1 Rcard from the enemy. 1 USE

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Mar 24, 2017 22:21

[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

Looks like lots of fun!

Btw all, UW-sandman has asked me to do YouTube coverage of this. So all your greatness with be recording in HD and sent into the internet for eternity!

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
SirBakesalot

SirBakesalot

Sounds cool,when is it and how do you sign up?
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

I'm in!!!
[Avatar]
Ice princess

[Avatar]
Ice princess

Mercenary of death.. Here i am
SirBakesalot

SirBakesalot

I am in I will ask my team members if they want to join as well.
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

I'll be a mercenary as well...
Mystogan

Mystogan

Applying as mercenary.
Statement: My score is low because I didn't used to play ranked solo until very recently but i have a lot of experience from unranked games and have been beaten 2000+ rated players a lot of times including some of the top players. Thank you for choosing me.
[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

Restrictions will be private. Only the team captain and the controller will know who has which cards.

Possible Restrictions to Impose on the Enemy - (Rcards)

* NO TANK BUSTERS- 5 TURNS
* NO NAVAL UNITS (INCLUDES AMPHIBIOUS)- 5 TURNS
* NO TITANS ALLOWED- FULL MATCH
* NO SAPIENS ALLOWED- FULL MATCH
* NO KHRALIENS ALLOWED- FULL MATCH
* NO UNIT(Choice) ALLOWED- 5 TURNS

** Random chance to obtain a special card: Restrict specific player from participation in middle battle or final battle.**

Rules of engagement for restrictions:

1. Restrictions cannot be "stacked". This means that they cannot be used more than 1 per match.
2. If a race restriction is not possible due to locked race selection on a map it does not apply. It will not be used, it will remain available for future use.
3. "Round limited" restrictions may only be used at the very beginning of a match. Then, when a player views their war report, if it says "round 6" the restriction no longer applies to them beyond that turn. If you are the effected team, you must wait until you see "round 6" on your turn in your war report to continue that round without restriction.
4. The use of a restriction, and how it is used (what unit type, if applicable), MUST be clearly stated by the initiating captain in the administration match.
5. Failure to follow the rule of a restriction, for its duration, will award the enemy team points based on the match involved. If you want to win the war, don't give the enemy points for not following this simple rule.
6. Because restriction cards may be obtained by mission match outcomes, the cards may not be used for the main battle ever. They may be used in subsequent instances, or the intermediary battle, or even the final battle.

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Apr 04, 2017 02:12

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

[Avatar]
uw-sandman

The way this all comes together, EVERY WAR IS UNIQUE. 4 dice are rolled for random selections. They can trigger BONUS and JACKPOT outcomes. Each mission has a roll, and depending on how many missions occur during the war increases the possible outcomes! (current count of possibilities in is the quadrillions)

Although the war has started, I am working on additional maps which will be options for the 6 mission types during the event. These maps will have the same rules but add more depth to the available missions.

The 6 mission types are as follows:

EXTRACTION
In this mission, one team is ambushed by the enemy. The only option is escaping the battlefield. The criteria for how to escape will be explained in the map description.

ASSASSINATION
In this mission, one team has a VIP (very important person) they need to protect. The enemy team must kill him within the time frame to win. The VIP will be a single unit.

RESUPPLY
In this mission, teams will fight each other for resources. Whichever team sits ON TOP OF the most cities by the end of the match will win. Ties will be broken by the Tie-breaker calculation on page 3.

SUDDEN DEATH
In this mission, losing even 1 base will mean a loss.

RACE
In this mission, teams will race each other for control of a strategic territory. The first to get their flag raised will win.

BLACK OPERATION
In this mission, one team will be in control of a base on the battlefield. The enemy team will need to work quickly to overwhelm the base and gain control within the time frame.

This message was edited 32 times. Last update was at Mar 24, 2017 22:54

Bulldog60

Bulldog60

Merc

Please don't make me play 1v1 if you don't have too
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I want to play. I can be captain of the creepy all stars. Or a Joe schmoe. Just I want to play Uniwar with you.
Forum Index » Tournaments