[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Changes to support system
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Currently only Xavi handles support requests sendt to support@uniwar.com

Many of the requests are technical and of such a nature that only Xavi can respond or take proper action, but there are also many request that can either be answered by the community or the answer is in the FAQ or on the forum.
Obviously this is a poor solution that isnt scalable. Spending time with suport takes time from coding and other development and maintenance tasks.

I think its time to find a better solution - Where Xavi only need to handle request that the community cant handle.

My ideas so far:
- Make a support function. It could be evolving the moderator role or create a new role that have priveliges both in the game and on the forum.
- No requests go directly to Xavi, but is tried resolved at the "communitylevel" first
- make a feature to handle in-game requests from the game and message center
- make a technical solution, possibly on the forum/webpages to handle support request from outside the game (must also be able to handle request from a player not logged into the forum).

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 26, 2017 12:55

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

I run the technical support and IT department at the engineering firm I work at, and I recently converted our system from an antiquated spreadsheet system to Zendesk. Zendesk uses a ticket system, has the ability to program macros and automatic responses, has the ability to set up a FAQ, etc. Very easy system to operate, and can integrate multiple users into a support team very easily. Using something like this would allow most basic questions to be answered by community members/moderators, while also allowing technical questions that only Xavi can answer to be escalated. This would vastly reduce the support overhead Xavi currently has. I'm happy to do training and help in whatever way possible if this is something you guys would be interested in.
[Avatar]
Maneetoe

[Avatar]
Maneetoe

Zendesk would be able to handle support requests from any medium, as you could set it up so any email sent to support@uniwar.com creates a support ticket. This ticket would be assigned automatically to a set group of support agents, who can answer, or refer to knowledgebase/FAQ, or if needed, escalate to Xavi or a moderator. Would probably decrease what Xavi has to deal with by a good 90%, and would give a searchable database for Xavi to track bugs in. Cheap too, $5 per user per month, wouldn't take more than a handful of users to run. Zendesk also has an app for Android/iPhone, so no computer infrastructure needed, entire support team can operate on mobile devices. I'm happy to help implement, setup, or run this if needed, I have a ton of experience running this already, and could provide training easily.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Agreed.
This one is very important. The sooner we deal with this problem, the more time will xavi have to other tasks.
Dropping some ideas:
- make support@uniwar a group mail where every mod can answer most questions
- make FAQ inside an app and develop it a little
- possibly make a support-only chatroom where everyone no matter ranking can type
GOUT

GOUT

In addition to whatever community support system is put in place I think FAQ needs to be updated. And the categories 'Play' and 'Units' on the website should be combined and updated into a 'User Guide'. The user guide should start with basics: introduce all the units, tiles, turn sequence etc. and also include how shop, unicoin, and rewards work. But also include how things like you can't convert a capping unit, # of rounds it takes UV to charge etc. And also include how revenge, ladders and tourneys work. And then have more complex things like damage formula, calculators, gangup maps etc. And possibly even include some tactics. Ideally it would give a new player a complete overview and would be something they could return to as they grow. And it could be linked to within the app.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Ideally we need a switch operator to rout support questions.
* standard FAQ with a pointer to the basic question being asked
* basic - something the membership could field (perhaps with members strong points sorted out (I.e. map questions directed to those of us that make them)
* advanced - sims level issues (alt accounts, verbal abuse, etc.)
*god mode - xavi level questions

Also what gout said I second. Its been over a decade since I last created a gaming guide set of pages but would love to team up on such a project.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Two more thoughts while reading eng chat

FAQ should be indexed with a search feature at the top of it.

A customer support button in app with a [did you consult the FAQ (with link) first] prompt

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

How about link users to post in this forum instead of mailing to Xavi ?
Then 80-90% of questions should able to be answered by the community.
And giving moderators the ability to perform support functions is a good idea.

Also I see that Xavi usually look in this forum.
Then if the requests can't be handled by the community or moderators, they shouldn't take long for Xavi to see them.
Some mechanism allow moderators to flag relevant requests in the forum to Xavi should allow him to react even quicker.

Porphyr

Porphyr

StarryBlink wrote:How about link users to post in this forum instead of mailing to Xavi ?
Then 80-90% of questions should able to be answered by the community.
And giving moderators the ability to perform support functions is a good idea.

Also I see that Xavi usually look in this forum.
Then if the requests can't be handled by the community or moderators, they shouldn't take long for Xavi to see them.
Some mechanism allow moderators to flag relevant requests in the forum to Xavi should allow him to react even quicker.

Better than nothing (= current situation) for sure.
But only a very weak substitute for a real support / ticket system.
With forum (ab)used as support / ticket system, the users don't see whether their support inquiry is worked on, and support doesn't see as well; it's hard to mark support queries as closed.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you everyone for your contribution. I plan to change the way support works soon. I will explain it here. Anyone interested to contribute can comment here.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
LexTalionis

LexTalionis

xavi wrote:Thank you everyone for your contribution. I plan to change the way support works soon. I will explain it here. Anyone interested to contribute can comment here.

I'd be interested in helping out, what sort of system is planned?
Forum Index » General Discussion