[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Absent player removal leads to sad faces.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
mgaak

[Avatar]
mgaak

Welcome.

I propose a new way to deal with players who get skipped three times in team game. Current way is harmful for other teammates - they loose, just because. This happened twice to me, me and my teammate, we tried even to cannibalize the bases of our "lost" friend but this wasnt enough as well.

Just look at this screen:

Im the black/green T. I have 2 middle bases. Both our Ts are invading other T base at this point. Were winning 6550 vs 4900 even though we had an absent player for 3 turns. Hell, we would win that 3v4. Yet we loose and this is unacceptable. (Green K left the game)

I think the best way to solve this would be (if the same player gets skipped 3 times in a row) to substitute him for a bot who would play with his resources and units. This would solve this problem and would be future proof for any exploits. Its the right thing to do.

I have also in mind some development of this idea like after 2 turns bot would get some of absent players funds and bases to build tanks or marauders etc. But this isnt essential. Bot substitution, tranhumanism in Uniwar if you will, is.
[Avatar]
mengo76

[Avatar]
mengo76

I second that suggestion!
bigdrin

bigdrin

Hi,

I faced the same situation several times and I am currently in the same situation.

Bot is a good idea but I think the best way is to distribute the resource to others teammates.
A pteammates get all the ressources or everything is distributed but the worse situation is to have to capture the old resource of lost temamate, in particular when he has a unit on a base (you cant kill it)

After timeout we need a team grace period when we could play his turn and the second time we distribute his resource or a guy get everithing
In the case of capitulation -> instant distribution (some guys capitulate early but the team has globally a chance)

In my case I have a wait since several days, and everybody is waiting because :
- teammates do not want to skip his player
- the other team do not want to win by skipping
-> playing in place of the user should give satisfaction to everybody

I think it will generate more interesting team games.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I do like this idea, but I think it would need to be done as an emergency only. i.e. I would not expect you to be allowed to start another game with that team until the player(s) had come back to Uniwar. Otherwise you could end up with zombie teams where there are no real players left, potentially playing other zombie teams and just wasting server time.

Would the player be able to come back and take over from the bot that replaced them? If you can then why wait for the 3rd time out, why not just let the AI move as soon as you timeout.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request