[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Fuze
Forum Index » General Discussion
Pento

Pento

Fuze is now several weeks on the market and I can't really see it's use.

In my opinion it offers little advantage for too much credits.
It's a unit I hardly use because other units with lower price or little higher price bring far more benefit for my game.

It's very, very vulnerable and deals little damage and on top it recovers too slow.

For the quality it offers I wouldn't spend more than 150 credits.

What is your opinion?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29, 2017 11:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Pento wrote:Fuze is now several weeks on the market and I can't really see it's use.

In my opinion it offers little advantage for too much credits.
It's a unit I hardly ever use because other units with lower price or little higher price bring far more benefit for my game.

It's very, very vulnerable and deals little damage and on top it recovers too slow.

For the quality it offers I wouldn't spend more than 150 credits.

What is your opinion?

Used to be very powerful until nerf, the -2 mobility & vs aerial power hit it REAL hard

It should be able to get some of its power back, it needs to be able to effectively deal damage to aerial units and move faster again.

I suggest bringing back some of its aerial power from 1 -> 2 and its mobility from 9 -> 10

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 02, 2017 06:37

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

If there are enough swamps on a level then an army of fuse can be very effective. Their range and cheap cost means they can devastate most light and medium ground units. They can gang up quite effectively against naval units too. However their aerial attack is pathetic and i agree it feels like it needs a boost.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

wookieontheweb wrote:If there are enough swamps on a level then an army of fuse can be very effective. Their range and cheap cost means they can devastate most light and medium ground units. They can gang up quite effectively against naval units too. However their aerial attack is pathetic and i agree it feels like it needs a boost.

If there are plenty of swamps, it means amphibians are more likely to be used due to terrain bonuses but that doesn't mean that the Fuze stacks up well when compared to other amphibians, which is what I've done in another post. It seems to me the Fuze is now the weakest amphibian by far.

Most of its' value lies in the 1-2 range, but it's weaker in every other category when compared to its' counterparts (Salamander, Mantisse).
Pento

Pento

I didn't really wanna compare the amphibian units. (Anyway I agree with you pepper).

I just don't know why I should get it. Seems to be useless because other units do the job better.
Of course it can help but it's not a threat at all. If my opponent's builds a fuze I am happy that he didn't invest it in two Marines.
It's so easy to kill and does so little damage that I don't really care about it. One attack with a basic unit is enough and the fuze is out of play because it will do even less damage or it takes ages to repair.

It needs better defense and repair rate or something else to make it outstanding.

Make it a real infantry killer or make it real quick; give it a step back or a healing funcion.

Whatever!

But fuze is useless the way it is.( Or: not worth the credits you spend)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01, 2017 22:18

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Pento wrote:I didn't really wanna compare the amphibian units. (Anyway I agree with you pepper).

I just don't know why I should get it. Seems to be useless because other units do the job better.
Of course it can help but it's not a threat at all. If my opponent's builds a fuze I am happy that he didn't invest it in two Marines.
It's so easy to kill and does so little damage that I don't really care about it. One attack with a basic unit is enough and the fuze is out of play because it will do even less damage or it takes ages to repair.

It needs better defense and repair rate or something else to make it outstanding.

Make it a real infantry killer or make it real quick; give it a step back or a healing funcion.

Whatever!

But fuze is useless the way it is.( Or: not worth the credits you spend)

Not only is it weak compared to other amphibians, it's weak compared to other units as well. It's pretty much weak all around
[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

I think what the Fuze really needs is a boost to defense against light and heavy ground. I don't mind the weaker attack, but real problem is Fuze losing 5-6hp from a marine/marauder/Mecha/underling attack.

Check out my Youtube channel "EnnuiGoblin Games" to watch coverage of Uniwar Tournaments, strategy tactics, and livestream events.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/c/EnnuiGoblinGames

Twitter: @EnnuiGoblin
[Email]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

With the right terrain, with a proper screen... they're utterly dominant. I don't think they need changed stat wise. I wouldn't be against a total rework
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Duaneski wrote:With the right terrain, with a proper screen... they're utterly dominant. I don't think they need changed stat wise. I wouldn't be against a total rework

We dont plan to change fuze much.. its a good unit when protected properly.. its a cheap unit with range so it have to be a little fragile...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

simsverd wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:With the right terrain, with a proper screen... they're utterly dominant. I don't think they need changed stat wise. I wouldn't be against a total rework

We dont plan to change fuze much.. its a good unit when protected properly.. its a cheap unit with range so it have to be a little fragile...

A little fragile is a drastic understatement. Why should I have to spend a lot of credits protecting a unit that specializes in damaging ground light units (I realize it attacks aquatics but those are ranged as well and they won't be able to prevent melee attack)? I might as well buy 2 marines, not have to worry that a single counter attack will cripple my 200 credit paper weight, and deal just as much damage in the process.

I do understand the need to protect units (especially blaster units) that have the ability to deal significant damage to ground heavy since they're the only units that can cost effectively deal with ground heavy. But for the price of a Fuze, I could just build 2 marines...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04, 2017 22:25

wargasm

wargasm

I have to agree with Drpepper here. Fuzes are worthless. Offensively, they are no better than marines (zero damage to tanks, minimal damage to air units, especially helicopters), and I would even argue their lack of utility against naval units.

When I play sapiens, even on naval maps, I do not use them at all. They only deal ANY damage AT ALL to ANYTHING except infantry with GUB *and* +2/+2 terrain. Too situational to warrant the cost, and 9 out of 10 scenarios dictate that marines are simply a better choice.

Mantisse doesn't permform much better, but Titan's lack of mobility in general makes the mantisse a more desired unit.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

simsverd wrote:

Sims, you guys just shot down a potential unit. Its def of 2 is more or less the deal breaker to buying it, let alone the nerfed mobility and vs aerial power. To be fair, it needs those old stats back, sure it could cap like an underling, but it's gonna be too easy to just disrupt it when capping with that pathetic 2 def and it having 3 vs aerial power makes it a viable unit to support in terrain heavy environment (let alone buffed Salamanders are now quite hard to kill without getting infected). The only reason why I said it was op bc Salamander was underpowered in comparison back then before being buffed, but it's now one of the most worthless units in the game. In addition to comparing Swarmers, amphibious aren't actually much of being Swarmers as we'd think, since they trade off mountains and chasms for the ocean tile, plus normally weaker than the Swarmer. A Swarmer is an aerial unit that can get away amphibious can't do easily, plus it can be spammed with some meatshields in front of it.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Try winning Sapiens vs Khraleans on a reef heavy map. Not happening. You can't use marines as they have large negative bonuses. Use fuze and you get owned by salamanders and swarmers. It's not a fair fight at all.
Pento

Pento

simsverd wrote:

Hi,
Can be a little fragile, but should be useful as well.

As well the Sapiens already have two units you can't leave without any protection and with the fuze there are already three of them.

That kills the idea of a quick race and as well it's annoying to protect all new units. Especially after tanks got kind of obsolete.

@ simsverd: You already have an idea what might be the modificación for the fuze?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Pento wrote:
Hi,
Can be a little fragile, but should be useful as well.

As well the Sapiens already have two units you can't leave without any protection and with the fuze there are already three of them.

That kills the idea of a quick race and as well it's annoying to protect all new units. Especially after tanks got kind of obsolete.

@ simsverd: You already have an idea what might be the modificación for the fuze?

You are looking at it to narrowly. You have to consider the overall race balance, and it is pretty well balanced now. Many of the top players believe that the fuze is ok as it is. Its probably more useful in larger groups than as a standalone unit.
I dont know where you got the idea of saps being a "quick race".. i have not seen that description anywhere...

We might consider move and defence buff, but its not a priority atm.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion