[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Olympics
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

This thread is for the Uniwar Olympics discussion.

Needs for this to happen:
Need 5 more committee members to assist in equitable decisions.

Committee so far:

Duaneski (chair)
Lodeous
Snan (san6g

Countries needing representation:
USA
Canada
Brazil
Portugal
Great Britain
France
Germany
Italy
Poland + Czech
Russia
Scandinavia
China
Arab nations + Africa
Korea
Japan

This is 15 geographic regions or countries. We are open to other countries who would like to send representatives for this event. I would ask anyone who wants to be the captain for their team to please contact me as soon as possible.

Each team will have 10 players chosen who reside in that country or consider that country their "home" country. This is done by the honor system... but please let's honor our homelands here. That is what this is all about

Each team will need a captain as well. The committee will help me to recruit captains. But if you read this, and are interested. Please let me know asap.

The ten players who are chosen to represent your country should be the best ten available.

The captain does NOT need to be a representative.. and so their score does not matter so much. It is much more important however that they're an active player, and ideally someone who is active on the forums and or chat rooms. (This is a potentially great way to get a lower ranked player who is very active involved.)

Thank you for your interest. Upcoming will be the Olympic Events to be competed in. (Following formation of the committee)

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Note: if your country can not field ten players, that is OK. It will limit the number of events your country can compete in, but that is acceptable. This occurs in real world olympics as well.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Canadian captain - Snan (San6g
French captain - charclo
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

This sounds like a fun idea!
I'd be happy to serve on the committee if you'll have me. I'm a big fan of equitable decisions.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Paul5678 wrote:This sounds like a fun idea!
I'd be happy to serve on the committee if you'll have me. I'm a big fan of equitable decisions.

Fantastic!

Is your in game name the same as here? I guess I can just check )

I am doing a lot of work with Infector quest currently ... but I don't want the Olympics to fade. I leave it to my fellow uniwarriors to keep this relevant while I'm distracted momentarily
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:
  Paul5678 wrote:This sounds like a fun idea!

Fantastic!

Is your in game name the same as here? I guess I can just check )

I am doing a lot of work with Infector quest currently ... but I don't want the Olympics to fade. I leave it to my fellow uniwarriors to keep this relevant while I'm distracted momentarily

While I look at players everywhere, there are considerable amount of Filipino players in the game, why not ask them if they like to join, they seem to be in the game as a group, since they friend each other as far the friend roster goes

So far, other Asian countries don't have much in mind as far as I can see, not a lot of Indonesians and Malaysians (correct me if I'm wrong tho), same for Japanese & Koreans.. for now, African and Middle Eastern players are definitely not enough on their own, though they can if together, more or less to Latin American countries.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » Tournaments