[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Scenario building wish list
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I snowballed from one thing to many things :p

Firstly

Ability to say:
bases worth X credits
Cities worth Y credits. (Instead of 0.5X)

The 0.5 rule is very good for ranked maps. And I almost think might be good to keep for all non-scenario ...

However, if we could have bases offer, for example, zero credits... and cities offer 12, or 25 credits per turn... that would provide some meaningful flexibility in campaign / Quest creation ..

You can start one side off with just a base and a few troops... and they've gotta move and capture cities.... OR accomplish a goal to occupy a city elsewhere on the map.

Additionally, an ability to set differing durations for scenario games would really be great. Combining CTF with a round limit would be great (more than 30 rounds is also something I would want... 50 at least)

And lastly.... an XXL map (40x40 or larger) would be nice to have the extra space for campaigns. (These maps could cost 3-5 map tokens to produce instead of just one)

And lastlyer... ability to HIDE the map preview. (For scenarios only!) .. I would pay an extra token for this.

And lastlyest .... ability to have fog of war conceal terrain as well as enemy troops. I feel like this would be a huge overhaul...... but I also feel like it would be a blast when making RPG style maps

Last one really? Ability to assign both a maximum veteran level (20 as the absolute max?) as well as the amount of experience required to level up. (If this doubled each time it wouldn't really work... would probably need some flexibility in assigning per level ranges... maybe break it out: level 10-13, 14-17,18-20..) I think this could allow us to build a marine centric RPG map (or marauder quest :p )

And lastlyforrealthistime.... ability to have game master mode. I know this has sorta been suggested before. But I'm not sure if it had the same content. What I would love is if player 1 (game master), had access to the map editor in a scenario and could make changes to the map... including terrain, troops, etc..... this would allow us to have pretty robust RPG experiences. I imagine this may be even literally impossible. (Again, wish list ). But it seems like it would be fun

Thanks for reading

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Oh fork.

Lastforrightnowest:
Ability to restrict what units can be built at bases

That would be boss.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Resurrecting this cause it's being discussed inchat
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I could see a new campaign mode where FOW does restrict all vision and not be too hard to work into the game code. Whether it's restricted to single player mode (vs bot (s)) or mp option not sure. Lodeous has seen some of the code he'd have a better idea

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

I love the ideas to set different values (including zero) to bases and cities and the game master mode. Other ideas are nice too.
Forum Index » New Feature Request