[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Boarfly: how to defend against it?
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
GreyWulf

[Avatar]
GreyWulf

I am currently playing as titans versus khrals. The game was quite balanced, with a good mix of units coming out on both sides. Then the boarfly appeared.
A full health eclipse gets hit for 5 points damage without being able to return fire. That's a 400 point unit designed to combat arial troops.
The speeder takes 6 points.
It seems to hit everything really hard whilst being out of range.
Can anyone suggest a decent strategy for titans versus khrals with this b#@+!?d in the mix? It seems unbalanced to me.
R3dRevenge

R3dRevenge

Borfly has range 2-3 and very low defense. All you need is to get up close and attack it with anything.

Most importantly, the Borfly cannot move and attack. Therefore you must move into range of it, or the Khral player must position it within 2-3 zones away from you. Take advantage of this.
wargasm

wargasm

Borflies are the weakest of the blaster units. If you get emotional about borflies, just wait until you fight your first bopper spammer.

That being said, titans are the best race to be able to deal with them because *every* unit you could make (except assimilators of course) can attack air units. Just give them a hug and they disappear.
Dalryk

Dalryk

wargasm wrote:titans are the best race to be able to deal with them

UNLESS there's water involved. And the Borfly is sitting 3 squares off the coast. Then there's nothing the Titans can do about it, except send Mantisse after them to get killed by Swarmers.
Meetch V

Meetch V

Dalryk wrote:
  wargasm wrote:titans are the best race to be able to deal with them

UNLESS there's water involved. And the Borfly is sitting 3 squares off the coast. Then there's nothing the Titans can do about it, except send Mantisse after them to get killed by Swarmers.

If that's the case, just ignore it, and move your units away from the 2-3 land tiles it will be controlling. I mean you could potentially go for a mantisse, but what's the point? I'd rather support land with a speeder rather than fight a borfly who isn't doing much. Remember, borfly is just for area control, you shouldn't be getting hit by it often.
Psymitator

Psymitator

1. Use speeders well to killl the units who protect the borfly. ←The main method to deal with borfly

2. If borfly is protected by pinzer, take advantage of speeders' high mobility so you can get advantage at other areas
3. Hydronaut and walker can stop borflies' advancing easily. Use them when borflies are protected well. Mecha can absorb borfly's and pinzer's damage well
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

GreyWulf wrote:I am currently playing as titans versus khrals. The game was quite balanced, with a good mix of units coming out on both sides. Then the boarfly appeared.
A full health eclipse gets hit for 5 points damage without being able to return fire. That's a 400 point unit designed to combat arial troops.
Can anyone suggest a decent strategy for titans versus khrals with this b#@+!?d in the mix? It seems unbalanced to me.

Lotsa mechas.

Honestly, the map needs to be well balanced. But a lot of mechas and speeder is usually my mix (1-2 assimilator ... )

Other than that. Depends on the map.
Redfog

Redfog

Duaneski wrote:
  GreyWulf wrote:I am currently playing as titans versus khrals. The game was quite balanced, with a good mix of units coming out on both sides. Then the boarfly appeared.

Lotsa mechas.

Honestly, the map needs to be well balanced. But a lot of mechas and speeder is usually my mix (1-2 assimilator ... )

Other than that. Depends on the map.

Exactly that. And as said before attacking the units protecting it and falling back (out of the Borflies range) until you can get a clear shot at it. Btw talking about balancing I have played a lot of maps by you that I like, Duaneski, keep up the good work
keymaster2

keymaster2

depending on the map,if the borfly is protected by lots of units,create a walker(4-5 squares away) and protect it. its high range attack should weaken the borfly.
keymaster2

keymaster2

I would also use the hydronaut as long as there aren't any leviathans or salamanders stopping you from reaching 2-3 squares away.If you use hydronaut it doesn't need protecting and can attack after moving unlike the walker
The Impaler

The Impaler

Keymaster keep in mind this is a 6 month old thread. The bopper has been nerfed since the last comment. Commenting on dead threads is called "necro"-ing, and is generally considered a bad idea

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » Guides & Tips