[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Feature: make a new game from any point in a replay
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

1) Watch a game replay
2) At any point, click the "create new game" button
3) A game is created with whatever conditioned exist at that point in the replay.
4) The standard game setup screen appears. Invite players as normal.

Then you could learn "Could I have won from that terrible position?" and "What if I had attacked on turn 6 instead of retreating?"

That would be cool, wouldn't it?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Yes this would be great.

For training games I would love to have the option to "create duplicate games" with the exact conditions at any point during a game..

And I think for both of these features, they could probably charge that 25uc fee too.

Either way would be good. I would be happy to see both
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

I don't like it. That would cause stubborn players to master every move til the round 7-8, making a game more hard-work rather than fun and brilliance
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Angkor wrote:I don't like it. That would cause stubborn players to master every move til the round 7-8, making a game more hard-work rather than fun and brilliance

No one said you had to accept the challenge.

I like the idea. Also I think such games would automatically be unrated. It would be nice if you could freely select who was in what position, it would help with "Loser: It was impossible for me to win once I lost that base. Winner: I could have done it. Loser: Prove it" especially in team/FFA matches

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

Angkor, I don't understand the nuance of your objection. Can you elaborate?
Currently I can make a "Mission" map from whatever state exists in a game on any turn. But that's tedious to do by hand. I'm suggesting that the computers could do the tedious part for us.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Paul5678 wrote:Angkor, I don't understand the nuance of your objection. Can you elaborate?
Currently I can make a "Mission" map from whatever state exists in a game on any turn. But that's tedious to do by hand. I'm suggesting that the computers could do the tedious part for us.

Since it is SO tedious, it would be nearly impossible for someone to abuse to see every possible (likely) outcome.

With your system intact, I could check every possibility for likely openings within a given map ... and thus determine what, 'mathematically' is THE right opening on a given map...

I believe that's his exact concern.

Maybe making it cost 25-50 UC would erase that concern. Or limiting the number of times one could do this to, say, 20 per year.
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

I see, yes.
Do you think a map upload token would be enough of a cost?
Forum Index » New Feature Request