[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Bopperopoly rules
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Bopperopoly v3.0

Official rules. Please let me know if you have any interesting house rules!

-------------------------
Map setup settings:
FOW = OFF
TEAMS = OFF

------------------

1. main arena / game board. Highlighted in Red in the picture above. This is the battle arena where each player starts with one base and thirteen boppers.

At the center of the Main Arena, highlighted in green, is the 'WinBopp Zone.' If one or more of your units is standing within this zone (on either one of the medic tiles or the neutral bases) at the START of your turn, you can advance your Victory Bopper one hex.

Note: A player may attempt to capture one of the neutral bases here at any time to instantly win.

3. Engineer toggles (highlighted in blue)
This is a visual cue for all players to identify when a player has successfully killed an enemy engineer.

When you kill an enemy engineer, move your engineer over to the forest hex.

4. The victory boppers. (Highlighted in yellow)

A player may only advance their Victory Bopper towards the neutral city IF they have a unit in the WinBopp Zone at the start of their turn.

A player may only capture the neutral base with their victory Bopper if they have activated the Engineer toggle by either killing an enemy engineer or having all enemy engineers be dead.

CITIES / Mecha2:
For EACH city a player is occupying at the start of his or her turn, that player may Teleport one Mecha2 to anywhere within the Main Arena.

Main arena bases.
Players may build any units they choose at any of their bases. (Main arena bases are effectively limited to marine engineer Bopper or helicopter)

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

----------------------

FAQs:

If my opponent is cheating what do I do?
Find a better opponent.

I want to cheat, is that cool?
No it isn't cool. Please don't cheat.

Bopperopoly doesn't work very well.
That isn't a question, but please feel free to fix it for me and upload a better working version.

Will you make a 6 or 8 player version?
I don't have any plans for that at this time, please feel free to take any design elements here and apply them to a bigger player number.

All enemy engineers died without me killing one. But one of my opponents built an extra engineer. Do I have to kill that one to capture with my Victory Bopper, or is it the original engineers only?
Answer: it is the original engineers only that count here.

My enemy built an engineer that I later killed. But I didn't kill any of the original engineers. Does this count for my engineer kill?
No it does not count. It is the original engineers only.

Who came up with the awesome idea to add tanks as fodder for Bopper veteran status?
Prime Carrot. Mad props! Thanks for your innovative ideas!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Mar 18, 2018 19:11

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

Your imaginative mind amazes me

MasterYoda
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Changelog:
V1.5
Changed format of map, separating each player's zones to be all near each other. ("Thanks" to snan for "inspiration" )

Added extra mecha2 on bonus tracks

Repositioned player 3/4 starting bopper in main arena to buff their starting position
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Changelog
V2.0

Added many new features:

Each player has owned bases along the perimeter of the map. Each player now has a engineer toggle. Each player has additional owned bases within the main arena.

Added new starting units, marauder and battery.

Changed the way bonus track functions.
Added new Victory condition.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

ideas for bopperopoly with triggers ... I want to build the timer as a cross with all 4 players converging on the middle. Marines instead of boppers. IDEALLY they can only move when you kill an enemy troop. The marines can kill other marines who arrive at the flag first.

Once a marine dies he goes back to the start. THEN triggered on set amount of kills would be a battery that can shoot one time before vanishing .. (they'll appear within range of the timer area). At a certain kill count you get a bopper that appears there and can shoot unlimited ... meanwhile in the arena kills give you credits and at certain points spawn new units. (Assuming ability to restrict building to only bopper.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Bopperopoly v2.0

-------------------------
V2.0 ***new rules***

To capture the neutral base, you MUST EITHER: personally kill an enemy engineer. OR all enemy engineers must be dead.

Regarding redesigned bonus tracks:

- When you achieve a kill move your marauder two hexes. (For each kill). There is no maximum per turn (except for the marauders maximum mobility, really)
- when you PASS a health tile you may build a battery in the unconnected bases, OR a bopper OR tank on an inside base.

Added new game area: engineer toggle.
When you kill An engineer, move your engineer over on the toggle so that your opponents are aware you are all set to win!

------------------

This game is intended for FFA play.

Game setup:
FOW - OFF (players should see everything!)

The map (and game) is separated into four areas.

1. main arena / game board. This is the battle arena where each player starts with one base, twelve boppers, one marauder, one battery, and one engineer.
2. The Bonus Tracks. This is the area with a marauder and a mecha2 and roads and health tiles.
3. The cash cities, populated with boppers. These cities are for extra revenue only, otherwise do not affect gameplay. (Not used past v1.0)
4. The victory mountains. Each player has one bopper.

Each area will be discussed further, but know up front that you can not move your pieces in the bonus track or victory mountains unless you accomplish a goal in the main arena.

The goal of the game is to advance your victory mountain bopper to capture one of the neutral bases. The first player to capture a base in the victory mountains wins.

----------------------

Main arena:

each player starts with one base, one engineer, and eleven boppers.

You may use the units as you please.

You may NOT build any units unless you reach the health tiles in the bonus track area. Please read the bonus track section for more information.

The health tiles are key areas in the main arena. Please see Victory Mountains for more information.

----------------------

Victory mountains area

In order to move your bopper in the victory mountains you must accomplish one of five objectives:
1. Kill an engineer
2. Kill a unit with a mecha2, or kill a mecha2
3. Successfully sit on a health tile in the main arena for one whole turn. -- if your engineer successfully sits on a health tile for one turn, you receive two movements (must be used on successive turns) for your bopper in the victory mountains.
4. Sit on an enemy base for an entire turn. (Do not capture an enemy base in the main arena. There is a bug with CTF mode whereby that would automatically cause that player to win.)
5. Graduate a bopper to second veteran status.

----------------------

Bonus tracks area:

***you may advance your bopper TWO hexes along the road ONLY any time you kill a unit in the MAIN ARENA. ***

kills do NOT carry over turn to turn. (So if you have two kills in round two, and zero in round three, you can move two hexes round two and zero hexes round three.)

When you pass the mecha2 you MUST teleport the mecha2 into the main arena. (You may NOT teleport him to any other game area.)

When your bopper reaches the far health tile in the bonus tracks area, you may build a bopper in the main arena.

Once your bopper reaches that point, it turns around and proceeds back to its point of origin. Once it reaches there you may build another bopper. The bopper then heads back along the road endlessly so long as the player continues to get kills in the main arena.

----------------------

FAQs:
Can I explode the helicopters?
No.

If I explode a helicopter do I get to move my bonus track bopper or my victory mountain bopper?
No. No. No.

If my opponent is cheating what do I do?
Find a better opponent.

I want to cheat, is that cool?
No it isn't cool. Please don't cheat.

Bopperopoly doesn't work very well.
That isn't a question, but please feel free to fix it for me and upload a better working version.

Will you make a 6 or 8 player version?
I don't have any plans for that at this time, please feel free to take any design elements here and apply them to a bigger player number.
Forum Index » User Generated Maps