[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Attack calculations
Forum Index » General Discussion
celadonz

celadonz

To try to get back to the original topic, I found the following formula to be _close_.

((Attack Strength + All bonuses) * HP of Attacker)*.05 – Defense Strength * 0.14 = Amount of HP lost

It only calculates the defenders losses, I've yet to look into the counter fire formula. I came to this formula by writing down a few battle outcomes and doing some basic linear algebra. The small sampling I used (around a dozen) all came very close to this outcome. Perhaps with a larger sampling (and another few hours of intense boredem) I could find a formula for the range of possible results.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

jeremiad

jeremiad

See http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/454.page. There's enough detail here to build a calculator that can give you a pretty good idea of an outcome, but it's mostly only good as a learning tool, due to the randomness and the tediousness of keying in the variables for each encounter. Mine returns a pretty accurate range based on a empirical guess at how far the randomness can swing the outcome in either direction off what would otherwise be a deterministic outcome.
[Avatar]
Swarrrm

[Avatar]
Swarrrm

celadonz wrote: To try to get back to the original topic, I found the following formula to be _close_.

((Attack Strength + All bonuses) * HP of Attacker)*.05 – Defense Strength * 0.14 = Amount of HP lost

It only calculates the defenders losses, I've yet to look into the counter fire formula. I came to this formula by writing down a few battle outcomes and doing some basic linear algebra. The small sampling I used (around a dozen) all came very close to this outcome. Perhaps with a larger sampling (and another few hours of intense boredem) I could find a formula for the range of possible results.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Thanks, that's probably close to accurate. I came up with something like (I forget what the decimal values were)

4 + (attack - defense)*(.5) = average damage

And the standard deviation from the average I didn't calculate, but it's probably something like 0.5.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

see this thread
http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/454.page
hectopascal

hectopascal

Help! Don't really know where to post this, but I'm being harrassed by blue player called "Hydrogen" in a multiplayer map (X island).
Apparently I'm being accused of cheating because his level 10 Titan only did 1 damage to my level 4 plasma tank. It's really frustrating being labelled a cheater when I didn't do anything!
(Mods feel free to move this post to wherever it's relevant.)
warrior472

warrior472

which bonuses can you get whie attakcing?
Forum Index » General Discussion