[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Forum Index » New Feature Request
regard87

regard87

It would be nice if you could edit the name of a Map you created.

That way I could take a map that played out well, and is getting good ratings, and take the word "test" off that I like to use. Rather than try and get it rated again. Or if a map you create even had three statuses you could choose.
"In Work" "Test" and "Final" so people know.

Partially this was an issue because map publishing was screwed up and now one of my Test maps is rated, I would prefer it not say Test so people know its meant to be played now. Either way I prefer to test it for awhile before thinking its ready IMO.

I like the idea of added Sea Tile maps, that along with another vessel per race would really make Sea battles worth playing. Cavern and Roadway and Settlement tiles all have some potential if used sparingly.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

First of all, a methodology for implementing changes should be adopted. I see a lot of clever ideas around and even read some more in older threads that belong to the sea now.

My proposal is that changes to the game are made after voting. Of course, not everyone can vote, I propose top 1000 players. A php script that checks the stats of the voter before alllowing him to vote is pretty easy to implement. That way, players that have proven that are into the game and pretty good at it have a say.

One poll per day and a period of 2 weeks to 1 month be allowed to cast the vote. That way you keep players interested in the development of the game while giving them enough time to vote. If the poll reaches let's say 20% participation, the change is implemented, otherwise it is dismissed. This limit can grow or shrink depending on the importance of the issue. For example I would accept a 10% participation on showing how much damage a unit has to further afflict in order to get veterancy, but I would set a 20% participation for UV damaging burried lings and a 30% for allowing battery to move 1 tile after attack or changing any unit's attack/defence.

The anouncement of proposed change should be made as intro message, when starting the game.

When players see that devs care about their opinion and implement changes that they asked for, they get involved even more and the game grows organic, thus atracting new players, which means more money to the devs while keeping customers happy. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28, 2012 04:58

[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

-New unit ideas:
--Pyro (effective vs biological enemies); this way there will be a way to have one race have a effective defence for both the other races.
--Snipers (light armored long range attack force); good unit for security/sentry.
--Spitters (effective vs mechanical enemies); more defence agianst the stronger race.
--Hunters (light armored and really fast); to combat long range units be up lose and personal.
--Radiators (effective vs units non immune to radiation[humans]); there has to be a Titan one too.
--Saucers (light armored, air unit ment for recon with good sight but poor attack); something to see the snipers and hunters coming.
-new feature ideas:
--more than 1 enemy in vs/solo modes.

Creator of the first origin idea
J.C.

J.C.

andrei82b wrote: First of all, a methodology for implementing changes should be adopted. I see a lot of clever ideas around and even read some more in older threads that belong to the sea now.

My proposal is that changes to the game are made after voting. Of course, not everyone can vote, I propose top 1000 players. A php script that checks the stats of the voter before alllowing him to vote is pretty easy to implement. That way, players that have proven that are into the game and pretty good at it have a say.

One poll per day and a period of 2 weeks to 1 month be allowed to cast the vote. That way you keep players interested in the development of the game while giving them enough time to vote. If the poll reaches let's say 20% participation, the change is implemented, otherwise it is dismissed. This limit can grow or shrink depending on the importance of the issue. For example I would accept a 10% participation on showing how much damage a unit has to further afflict in order to get veterancy, but I would set a 20% participation for UV damaging burried lings and a 30% for allowing battery to move 1 tile after attack or changing any unit's attack/defence.

The anouncement of proposed change should be made as intro message, when starting the game.

When players see that devs care about their opinion and implement changes that they asked for, they get involved even more and the game grows organic, thus atracting new players, which means more money to the devs while keeping customers happy. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

I heard a lot of strange things, but this one beats everything. So you are saying: "developers, you MUST let top 1000 players vote the changes you will make to the game... You want to make us happy, right?". Sorry but this sounds like a threath, an unneeded threath.

You are talking about top 1000 players. You are clearly a new user and don't know anything about the top 1000 players: 30% of them is retired, 30% are point farmers (basically bad players) and 30% are second-third-fourth accounts. So, if you cut all the farmers and the retired players, as well as the secondary accounts, you will have really few players able to vote. maybe 100 good players.

Many top players are already asked about the changes to be implement to the game. There are several ways to gather feedback from high levels.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12, 2013 03:02

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Forum Index » New Feature Request