[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Rank Reform - Part 4
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Michaelrn wrote:
  xavi wrote:I want to clarify certain points.

1. First, the reset of the current ladder for score above 2400 to 2400 is likely to happen soon. There is no yearly reset planned.

You mean every one with a score above 2400 will drop to 2400?

That post was from 2015
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

If you were to put up the percentage of positive ratings for ranked games, I highly suggest you make rating games the final action before ending a game off your game list. Players typically only vote negatively and players who like the map don't bother giving positive feedback ... and it's unfair for many reasons... one being the older maps in the game are already very far ahead on votes ... I think ALL old ranked maps should be set to a few ratings upto 90% and watch them all become deranked also ... I make very good balanced maps but they rarely survive the voting process because of this issue with players only giving negative feedback back and like I said when they like a map they don't bother voting at all

MasterYoda
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

Duaneski wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:
  xavi wrote:I want to clarify certain points.

1. First, the reset of the current ladder for score above 2400 to 2400 is likely to happen soon. There is no yearly reset planned.

You mean every one with a score above 2400 will drop to 2400?

That post was from 2015

Yeah, I didn't notice that lol.

This topic came to the recent list and I got confused.
Abie

Abie

MasterYoda wrote:If you were to put up the percentage of positive ratings for ranked games, I highly suggest you make rating games the final action before ending a game off your game list. Players typically only vote negatively and players who like the map don't bother giving positive feedback ... and it's unfair for many reasons... one being the older maps in the game are already very far ahead on votes ... I think ALL old ranked maps should be set to a few ratings upto 90% and watch them all become deranked also ... I make very good balanced maps but they rarely survive the voting process because of this issue with players only giving negative feedback back and like I said when they like a map they don't bother voting at all

I've played a lot of your maps in the past. After every game I play I always vote on the map for the matchup I played. However I think it is hard for me to give a map good feedback, not because I win or lose, but because of the disadvantage that one of the races has when playing it. I'm sure I've given some of your maps good and some bad feedback.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates