[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:ye, I gotta agree with everyone here, I paid this game and the pay to win market will upset the old players (those who bought it before it went free), microtransaction-ish contents you guys have right now is gonna be an eventually bad idea. I seen it in some games and heard that from Payday 2. The permission to chat with coins is already a bad idea, I mean why pay for some chat that isn't supposed to be priced? Some alternatives I could give is to make a different skin content for each race, it's like choose a color, but with different designs from each race, maybe price a game mode or two (like my Heavy Fog mode idea). There's more I could think off, but I'll just stop right here

Chat is free above 1700 rank. But some players have difficulty getting to 1700.

1700 was necessary as bots were being created at an insane rate and then spamming the chat faster than it could be deleted almost.

So having a low cost option to purchase it deters the vote and allows those new players who don't want to wait to get into the chat.
nindatana

nindatana

Duaneski wrote:Chat is free above 1700 rank. But some players have difficulty getting to 1700.

Yup .been playing 3-4weeks now and still hovering shy of 1600. Guess I'm not very good relative to who I get paired, or perhaps better said as: I get paired with my equals, so I lose as many as I win, so advancing is slow to not really.

But to go back on topic: I paid so I could play more games at once, and because I was happy to find such a quality game not spoiled with ads. I don't think pay-for-undo is a good idea. In fact I think it a bad one. It really does make it feel like a game heading to the land of pay-to-win. Please don't do that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22, 2016 07:51

wolkenwand

wolkenwand

Put my voice in, what about if make the redo button free? and as a replacement make those "support the developer" button available store as soon as possible ( its greyed out now), maybe with different prices. give all the player similiar advantage in playing. It will be very cool
nindatana

nindatana

wolkenwand wrote:Put my voice in, what about if make the redo button free? and as a replacement make those "support the developer" button available store as soon as possible ( its greyed out now), maybe with different prices. give all the player similiar advantage in playing. It will be very cool

+1 I would have used the support developer option already if it was enabled.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

if you want to support development but dont want to spend it on unlimited undo, its smart to invest in more max games and max archives

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

nindatana wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:Chat is free above 1700 rank. But some players have difficulty getting to 1700.

Yup .been playing 3-4weeks now and still hovering shy of 1600. Guess I'm not very good relative to who I get paired, or perhaps better said as: I get paired with my equals, so I lose as many as I win, so advancing is slow to not really.

But to go back on topic: I paid so I could play more games at once, and because I was happy to find such a quality game not spoiled with ads. I don't think pay-for-undo is a good idea. In fact I think it a bad one. It really does make it feel like a game heading to the land of pay-to-win. Please don't do that.

This was already possible without the button. The button is sold as a convenience. It IS more convenient, by a good amount, BUT the old method was fine and I used it for months. It takes about 10 seconds or so and that's all, to reset your turn. Biggest hassle is probably setting up the second account.

Here is how to do turn redo for free:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/reply/0/2221.page

So, I am on the fence about whether this button should be a paid feature. But rest assured this game will never be pay to win. I would bet Sims' life on it

If you would like to play some practice games and or get some tips, send me a game invite in game i would be more than happy to share what I know with you! And welcome to Uniwar

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 15:22

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ah I remember when I started Uniwar. I was pub stomping so much, racking up to 1,850 easily but I reached difficulty when I faced more competent players after that.

And also, I always do random games everytime I want a game of Uniwar (except for 3-8 player ffa)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 03:36

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
nindatana

nindatana

Duaneski wrote:This was already possible without the button. The button is sold as a convenience.

Free way is undocumented, I didn't know about it until this thread, surrounded by lurking question of its legitimacy, while paid option is front and centre, clearly supported. Its not the right approach.

Duaneski wrote:If you would like to play some practice games and or get some tips, send me a game invite in game i would be more than happy to share what I know with you! And welcome to Uniwar

I'll take you up on that! Thanks.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Sadly this forum isn't the most new user friendly and new folks can't ask the questions they need to in chat. I also agree that we need to keep out the bots. What's a good solution?

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

TheDragon wrote:Sadly this forum isn't the most new user friendly and new folks can't ask the questions they need to in chat. I also agree that we need to keep out the bots. What's a good solution?

What do you think about say 50 unicoins to buy the in game chat?

I'm hoping the price will be 20-50 range... Like 25-50 cents. I really have no idea if that's what it'll be but I feel like people who wanted to chat could rationalize paying that amount, and it would be enough to at least give the devs some cash if someone decided to make spam bots
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I have to say I have never paid to play any mobile game. Uniwar is the first that I'm interested in paying for and the feature I want is infinite undo... I'll also increase max games... not really interested in much else so far. The 2 reasons I want the undo is cos I keep miss clicking and i want to reveal more of the fog.

I totally agree this is an unfair and not insignificant advantage over someone that does not have undo, but I have a suggestion that could solve the issue and maybe entice more to buy the undo feature.

When a player uses an undo the other player gets one for free too. As the undo-less player not only do i get a free undo (for this game only) but i also know how many undos you used.

This would not block against those using the multi account technique (which i didn't know about till i read this thread) as you'd never know but it would help stop the complaints about pay to win, which I agree is rubbish.
void-maker

void-maker

Hello. I am not angry about paid undo, but I think it can scare some players off. You know, the players who aren't looking into forums and such and just enjoy random games.
At some point, they could mistap and by that make a really bad move.(There IS a button "cancel one move", i know, but there's also a whole lot of moves that can't be cancelled yet can be triggered by mistap)
After this, they're going all "ohcrapididntmeantodothiswherethehellthatcancelbuttongoohaturnundothankgodWHAT?! PAID UNDO? Screw this, I'm out of this game!"
kley

kley

I played Uniwar heavily 5 year ago - I got up to the 2300's in rank. I don't ever remember there being an "undo" button back then. I'm playing now and I stumbled upon this "unlimited undo" by accident while looking at a players profile.

All I have to say is...
W . T . F !!

I can no longer take this game seriously, as I do Chess and other turn based strategy games. I don't care about the paid vs. unpaid, I care that it EXISTS. Giving player the chance to undo their moves removes so much of the strategy from the game. It's a handicap.

Options suggestions:
1) You might as well remove the fog of war from every map. It's pointless and only disables people without Undo. If I had turn undo and decided to use it, I would simply move a unit into the enemies area on every single turn to see what they're buying or where they're moving their units. A lot of my decision making, especially in the crucial early rounds of play, revolves around guessing/assuming what the other person is buying under the shroud. Knowing this is a huge advantage, hands down.
2) You should have the option to disable turn undo on maps and tournaments. I just started playing in the tournaments (which weren't around 5 years ago) and I had no idea that people were doing this, and as someone mentioned above, we're expected to do this. It's no wonder my rank is now down to 2000, people are seeing my moves before I reveal them.
3) Only make turn undo's available for lower ranked players. If you're ranked at 1900+, you are good enough to not need a crutch.

I may quit playing again. Seriously, I don't see how anyone is okay with this. </end rant>
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

The UNDO turn feature will soon be availabe to EVERYONE. Either through the shop or through optional OPT-IN advertising. The main reason to make it available to everyone is because
1) we consider it a useful and needed feature
2) we want to make sure that no one has an unfair advantage.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 21, 2016 19:50

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
kley

kley

Watch the movie "Edge of Tomorrow". Undo turn is like that.
Forum Index » General Discussion