[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maruader nerf
Forum Index » General Discussion
Which?
I liked the marauder 8 g.l 43% [ 6 ]
I dislike the maruader 8 g.l and think it should get 9 50% [ 7 ]
I wanted the maruader to get 10 g.l 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Against a lone maruader, just use a swarmer. I don't see how it's a problem unless theirs multiple, in which case, your screwed anyways (even with with the new g.l). And I got one liked how the maruader could kill infantry in one turn. It is a unique strategy and you have to make sure you counter it.

If the K player goes first, that works. But if they don't go first then it doesn't work... Not being able to capture the base on the first turn is de facto game over.

I wouldn't say nerf a unit for one map, just get rid of the map. But again, no 250 unit should be able to single handily stop a capture by a full health unit....

As far as I am aware, this was the cause and rationale for this change. Not to make the marauder strictly weaker, but to take that unintended ability away
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Personally, I think that 250 units killing marines isn't a problem.
It sounds like a real bad thing when you say it in that tone, but you haven't said what exactly makes that bad beyond a few maps.

With Mercury, the 8 g.l might be fixing the map, but it's ONE map. Not to mention, the real enemy was 1st turn advantage, not really the maruader. Theirs not anything wrong with 2nd turn. Which points to a map error rather than a unit error (a unit error would mean that there is a problem with the unit not the map, and that meanis unit is unbalanced. A map error is when a map is unbalanced and favors certain units)

Besides, maps like mercury might not exactly be balanced well, maruader or not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07, 2016 16:05

amidama

amidama

i cant see maps right now. that map is the one that I can remember. If I would have access to a game, I would find more.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Personally, I think that 250 units killing marines isn't a problem.
It sounds like a real bad thing when you say it in that tone, but you haven't said what exactly makes that bad beyond a few maps.

With Mercury, the 8 g.l might be fixing the map, but it's ONE map. Not to mention, the real enemy was 1st turn advantage, not really the maruader. Theirs not anything wrong with 2nd turn. Which points to a map error rather than a unit error (a unit error would mean that there is a problem with the unit not the map, and that meanis unit is unbalanced. A map error is when a map is unbalanced and favors certain units)

Besides, maps like mercury might not exactly be balanced well, maruader or not.

agree to disagree.

Final words: marauder is an excellent unit. With an 8 GL even. It has fantastic mobility and an unparalleled ability to hit and run. It doesn't need to be able to, and should not be able to, kill a full health infantry in cover by itself.

Even without that ability it is still a powerful unique unit. Mercury might not be balanced but to me that's besides the point. The unit itself has a tad too much power, and thus I'm in favor of this fix
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

LkASr wrote:
  GYFU wrote:Though I chose the second one, I think it should be all the way back to 10.

nah, 9. you could just 1-shot an Infector and run away unscaved

All right, pal, that's right the point I'm trying to express. Yeah, "one shot, one kill, then run away" may sound unbalanced. BUT, why not land the engineer and the units alike on terrains with +def? Also, don't forget that terrains with -def like deserts and swamps can reduce these units' def BELOW 0(I have tested that), a marauder is still able to kill a engineer or the alike on these terrains with 1 shot. Should we conclude that marauder's gl should be reduced further to 7 by that?

Personally speaking, getting engineers and the alike killed by a hit-and-run marauder adds excitement to the game and requires players to think more about tactics of protecting them or one-shot killing them. I once killed 2 infectors consecutively with a marauder in its 2 moves in a turn, getting it straight promote to vet-II, as a result of thorough thinking of tactics.
Forum Index » General Discussion