[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Next Balance Update Discussion April 2016
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

Kroeger wrote:Thank you everyone for your input. It seems like we all agree that +1 or +2 G.L. would serve the Swarmer well. I will give Xavi my best recommendation on this.

I have a concern I would appreciate being discussed.

With added team play, I am noticing that mecha expansion is in many team maps is unstoppable. Currently, if you are playing team ranked and don't have a titan, I believe you will loose 33% immediately due to maps. Let's brainstorm a solution. The only solution I have heard that I like is to reduce the Mecha's sight while he is disabled. This would dramatically slow down the titans rate of expansion, right? This would also help cut down extra "undo exploration" from the titans. Please discuss pros and cons?

Titans are very usefull in team games.
1) Mecha can TP and see what is beyond FoW.
2) Mecha can TP to capture far bases.
3) Sapiens and Khrals are using a lot of helicopters and swarmers so eclipses are very nice against them.
4) Mecha/Eclipse can TP to protect base captures, wound units etc.
5) Speeders have Move After Attack ability so it's also very usefull in base captures.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i agree that meckas in cooldown should have less vision... but i think that its not (currently) possible to differentiate the vision in normal vs cooldown..

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
drumstep

drumstep

I support Titan vision down in cooldown. The only other option I can think of is only letting titans teleport within their own vision, but I think that is too much since one of the best things about mechas is teleporting to protect allied units.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

I know that it was asked to use high level tournament games as examples to back up opinions. I will try to do that later, but by now I'm just expressing my opinions and explaining the reasons behind them.
I also think that Khraleans needs a little help in KvS matches. Marines can easily be very cost efffective against swarmers and garudas. Helicopters are powerful and can hide behind marines after attack.

If there are Forests/mountains for marines to get + attack/defense it becomes even harder to fight them. If you try using underlings to fight them back while benefiting from the same terrain bonuses, they will just get killed by helicopters with no chance to counterattack. Your second and third cheaper options to fight them (swarmes and garudas) will be very cost ineffective to fight a lot of marines with terrains bonuses (supported by helicopters). Pinzers can't cross mountains and become too vulnerable in forests. Wyrms are expensive and have to be well protected, but you can't protect them well in areas with lots of forests/mountains because of the reasons I just said. To help solving that problem, here are some initial ideas I had:

Option 1: + ground light attack to swarmer and - 1 aerial attack to marines. It will help a bit swarmers to kill marines and help both swarmes and garudas to receive a bit less damage. And I think that it is better than giving +2 gl to swarmer because it can hurt a bit the balance in KvT.

Option2: Change the cost of infectors to 200 and downgrade its repair bonus to X2. If sapiens player starts spamming lots of marines, infectors costing 200 can be much more interesting as a counter measure than it is at 300 credits. They can deal with marines while giving you units with aerial attack. Even if the infector dies, you will not get credit disadvantage if it converted at least one mariner (the opponent loses a 100 credits unit and you gain that 100 credits unit).

Option 3: Give underlings some aerial attack (ok, I don't think it is going to happen).

Option 4: A new ground light khralean unit with aerial attack.

Maybe even a mix of the options 1 and 2 could be nice, I'm not sure yet.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Michaelrn wrote:I know that it was asked to use high level tournament games as examples to back up opinions. I will try to do that later, but by now I'm just expressing my opinions and explaining the reasons behind them.
I also think that Khraleans needs a little help in KvS matches. Marines can easily be very cost efffective against swarmers and garudas. Helicopters are powerful and can hide behind marines after attack.

If there are Forests/mountains for marines to get + attack/defense it becomes even harder to fight them. If you try using underlings to fight them back while benefiting from the same terrain bonuses, they will just get killed by helicopters with no chance to counterattack. Your second and third cheaper options to fight them (swarmes and garudas) will be very cost ineffective to fight a lot of marines with terrains bonuses (supported by helicopters). Pinzers can't cross mountains and become too vulnerable in forests. Wyrms are expensive and have to be well protected, but you can't protect them well in areas with lots of forests/mountains because of the reasons I just said. To help solving that problem, here are some initial ideas I had:

Option 1: + ground light attack to swarmer and - 1 aerial attack to marines. It will help a bit swarmers to kill marines and help both swarmes and garudas to receive a bit less damage. And I think that it is better than giving +2 gl to swarmer because it can hurt a bit the balance in KvT.

Option2: Change the cost of infectors to 200 and downgrade its repair bonus to X2. If sapiens player starts spamming lots of marines, infectors costing 200 can be much more interesting as a counter measure than it is at 300 credits. They can deal with marines while giving you units with aerial attack. Even if the infector dies, you will not get credit disadvantage if it converted at least one mariner (the opponent loses a 100 credits unit and you gain that 100 credits unit).

Option 3: Give underlings some aerial attack (ok, I don't think it is going to happen).

buy a Pinzer, Helicopters can't outright kill them and they have +2 repairs, it's only a matter of where to position them to block incoming saps

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

LkASr wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:I know that it was asked to use high level tournament games as examples to back up opinions. I will try to do that later, but by now I'm just expressing my opinions and explaining the reasons behind them.

buy a Pinzer, Helicopters can't outright kill them and they have +2 repairs, it's only a matter of where to position them to block incoming saps

4 or 5 helicopter can kill a full health pinzer in 1 turn. Marines with terrain and gang up bonuses also can help with that.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Michaelrn wrote: 4 or 5 helicopter can kill a full health pinzer in 1 turn. Marines with terrain and gang up bonuses also can help with that.

I doesn't really work that way most of the time. You see, Tanks, Pinzers, and Plasmas are designed to block (or parry) attacks from enemies, don't expect them to lead a charge with them (too slow), they're simply mobile walls for your squishier units. It's essential to any player's defense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28, 2016 02:34

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
drumstep

drumstep

Michaelrn wrote:
4 or 5 helicopter can kill a full health pinzer in 1 turn. Marines with terrain and gang up bonuses also can help with that.

I would hope that would be the case! That's 2000-2500 credits against 450 credits.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

LkASr wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote: 4 or 5 helicopter can kill a full health pinzer in 1 turn. Marines with terrain and gang up bonuses also can help with that.

I doesn't really work that way most of the time. You see, Tanks, Pinzers, and Plasmas are designed to block (or parry) attacks from enemies, don't expect them to lead a charge with them (too slow), they're simply mobile walls for your squishier units. It's essential to any player's defense.

Well, by experience it happens with some frequency. After the first helicopter attack, the others easily deals 2 or 3 damage hiting by the same side.

drumstep wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:

I would hope that would be the case! That's 2000-2500 credits against 450 credits.

But they receive almost no damage in return (usually the 2 or 3 first attackers receive 1 damage each). If the game builds up, is not hard for sapiens to have a good number of helicopters. And marauders also can work well for finishing pinzers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28, 2016 03:48

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

let's say Helicopters killed a few Pinzers, they'll encounter heavy counterattack after finishing off Pinzers, which can really hurt them more than you did.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28, 2016 16:53

Abie

Abie

LkASr wrote:let's say Helicopters killed a few Pinzers, they'll encounter heavy counterattack after finishing off Pinzers, which can really hurt them more than you did.

I've played as S in this matchup countless times, and I win over 95% of the time if i had to guess. Pinzers can do some blocking, but it's not enough. I've taken down a Pinzer in almost every game I've played, either all in one turn, or over a few separate turns. I've yet to see an effective counterattack. A counter attack cannot be successful because of Marines. As S, the only unit that I am actually afraid of is the Infector. In my experience, when the Infector casts plague, it gives me a very rough time winning. In the few games where I have actually lost to K, my opponent was able to cast Plague.

See the saved replay "RANDOM-322240" In which I won. It is SvK in which I was S and won. I just saved and shared it.
atest

atest

EVR1022 wrote:Khralaen vs Sapien remains a problem match up in my opinion. If you watch the Feb champ round 7 game between Fobos_rus and UniKZ, it's clear that the Khralaens simply have no chance of victory. Marines are just too strong, and the Khrals have no efficient way to take them down. Underlings get annihilated by helicopters. Swarmers don't do enough damage, and are very vulnerable to marines, marauders and helicopters. Garuda vs marines is laughably bad. That leaves the Pinzer and Wyrm, which are both relatively slow, unable to navigate terrain, and too expensive to be an effective countermeasure.

My proposed solutions:

Option A
Buff Swarmer defense +1 and ground light attack +2. This will enable two Swarmers (500c cost) to take down a marine in terrain most of the time. If necessary, the Swarmer could be debited elsewhere. Perhaps -1 aquatic, or -1 aerial (which might help KvK balance as the Garuda becomes a more viable option).

Option B
If it's not the Swarmer's job to kill marines, then it has to be the underling's. Buff ground light attack +2.

Krahlean
I like most other people like a), though only the +2gl part

idear 2 will make underlings very overpowered especially in kvt as a hidden underling will be able to kill a assimilator on a base!

I would like to point out that EARTH always wanted the swarmer to have +1 gh.

I also agree that the garuda feels weak and would like it to have +1 defence -1 air... but I think that the swarmer update is much more important, and it's hard to balance 2 units from the same race at the same time

finnaly I would like to suggest that hidden underlings should be able to jump adding their 4 unburrow damage to their base damage of 0... this would be marginally usefull vs sapiens as the helicopter can move after attack and has 10 defence, but it will be very strong in kvk making the underling viable.

Titan
the eclipse is not good enugh in solo, it's very good in duro.
I think it should get: -50 cost, -2 air, -1 defence, +2gl, +1 speed

I also like the reduced vision when teleporting idear
Abie

Abie

I've got an idea that I find might be useful regarding Aquatic.

With the exception of Aquatic Units themselves, it is very difficult to kill an Aquatic unit with a non-aquatic unit.

Why not give all non-aquatic units of all races +1 to aquatic damage with the exception of the long ranged units such as the Battery, Wyrm, and Walker?

When I see an aquatic unit in a game on a map that is almost entirely units like marauders and speeders and plasma as and tanks, helicopters, etc. I often wish that these units could successfully kill a ship. However it is very hard for them to do it. If a marauder or speeder could get off just a little more damage it would help in getting rid of aquatic units.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Kroeger wrote:Thank you everyone for your input. It seems like we all agree that +1 or +2 G.L. would serve the Swarmer well. I will give Xavi my best recommendation on this.

I have a concern I would appreciate being discussed.

With added team play, I am noticing that mecha expansion is in many team maps is unstoppable. Currently, if you are playing team ranked and don't have a titan, I believe you will loose 33% immediately due to maps. Let's brainstorm a solution. The only solution I have heard that I like is to reduce the Mecha's sight while he is disabled. This would dramatically slow down the titans rate of expansion, right? This would also help cut down extra "undo exploration" from the titans. Please discuss pros and cons?

My 2 cents.

As it stands now over half the maps I've seen on team games (especally 2v2 you default loose if you don't have a titan on your team) A looking at the team ranks will also proove that you MUST have a titan or else. So I retired my beloved bugs on my 2v2 team in order for us to have a chance at all the maps.

While most 1v1 maps have been rated well (with exceptions like gruntv2). Many 2v2+ maps have NOT.

I recomended (about a month ago) a map edit/tweek section on forums where folks can start a thread with a map they have a consern about. Then the one of several options could be done. Map could be discussed, edited to rebalance and/or down/up voted by the vets to get the bad/good into the rotation. Such a section could also increase both forum activity and player interaction.

Also new map makers could post maps they are working on to get feedback from the community thus improving them before they blow map tokens uploading a map that needs work.

We also need Xavi to finish some of the basic shop items (no brainers) like Gift Unicoins (and I'd add Gift Map Tokens) so that those of us working with the newer map makers can send them what they need to finish a map thats been tested but can't be finalized.
That 'FEED THE DEVELOPER' option also needs to be enabled as well.... it's been 2 months now and thats still greyed out. Just allow us to dump what ever we want in unneeded unicoin there... SERIOUSLY...

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Ported mecha needs to have some vision reduced I agree there. The ability to buy converted units is also quite interesting. I am also thinking that maybe infector gets reduced to 250?
Forum Index » General Discussion