[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy
Forum Index » New Feature Request
join wang

join wang

Angkor wrote:Agree, it's a waste of time. But let me suggest that only titan player should see burried unders. Simply 'cause: (1) it would be more fun in team games (2) it's not always perfectly possible to detect where unders stand (3) let's have this little advantage over players who aren't aware how to detect yet ;P (4) sap vs khral and khral vs khral games have very little of those, so it's not annoying in that cases. (5) titans have overwhelming ultrasound detection technology duh!

I think also this is a bad idea to let only healing units the detection feature, as well as any other, because it would a little break balance and force to choose between building perfect unit or having more fun and less minesweeper stuff nobody likes.

What you guys think?

I like this idea but what would be in place to prevent them from constantly undoing until they find all the underlings can we make it so that only underlings next to titans are revealed when you end your turn. This would allow some degree of stealth for the underlings.
P.S so glad to see this conversation revived.
[Avatar]
japhib

[Avatar]
japhib

I don't like not being able to see buried underlings. They are already quite powerful, since you can't attack them when they are buried, and they can move past the enemy line of defense without any trouble at all. GH's do a little bit of damage but even that is negligible (1 damage per turn to an underling with 10 health? Not a big change .... And GH's are nowhere near as cheap as underlings, so trying to damage them this way is VERY cost-inefficient.) PLUS, whatever 1 or 2 points of damage you do manage to do to the underling before it pops up again are pretty meaningless considering the bonus attack it gets when unburying.

I'm only around 1950, so not a super high level player or anything. So maybe it's different for the top players. But at my level, it's already hard enough to protect your batteries/walkers from buried underlings in a siege situation, and making them only revealed at the end of the turn basically means there's no hope at all for combatting them. On low- and medium-income maps, it's already hard enough to get a tank line AND a walker so you can do some damage as Titans, and basically with the underlings' bury ability, you have to spend even more of your money spamming mechas just to stand on them.

I'm not saying underlings or the bury ability need a nerf, I just think that not being able to detect them with undo's is a HUGE unnecessary buff.
join wang

join wang

japhib wrote:I don't like not being able to see buried underlings. They are already quite powerful, since you can't attack them when they are buried, and they can move past the enemy line of defense without any trouble at all. GH's do a little bit of damage but even that is negligible (1 damage per turn to an underling with 10 health? Not a big change .... And GH's are nowhere near as cheap as underlings, so trying to damage them this way is VERY cost-inefficient.) PLUS, whatever 1 or 2 points of damage you do manage to do to the underling before it pops up again are pretty meaningless considering the bonus attack it gets when unburying.

I'm only around 1950, so not a super high level player or anything. So maybe it's different for the top players. But at my level, it's already hard enough to protect your batteries/walkers from buried underlings in a siege situation, and making them only revealed at the end of the turn basically means there's no hope at all for combatting them. On low- and medium-income maps, it's already hard enough to get a tank line AND a walker so you can do some damage as Titans, and basically with the underlings' bury ability, you have to spend even more of your money spamming mechas just to stand on them.

I'm not saying underlings or the bury ability need a nerf, I just think that not being able to detect them with undo's is a HUGE unnecessary buff.

I understand were you are coming from but I just don't like the feeling of constantly undoing my moves to detect underlings. The feeling I get from it is like I am cheating and it kind of takes away from my enjoyment of the game. Furthermore I tend to play on larger maps and it gets extremely annoying at that point as once an underling is detected by that method it gets nothing done as there is almost always a unit that can keep up with so if the opponent is even a bit cautious they will keep something on top of it this I find extremely annoying as the only way I am able to even unbury the underling is by retreating it behind my lines or moving it to a spot so removed from the battle that the opponent just stops caring. Furthermore it becomes difficult to launch ambushes using them as the moment a unit with low health moves next to them the opponent would most likely just undo their move and move the unit elsewhere .
Forum Index » New Feature Request