[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Imbalanced Games!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
scp-079

[Avatar]
scp-079

simsverd wrote:
  scp-079 wrote:Now the submerged will be truely IMBALANCED.
Care to elaborate ? you are not a very experienced player, but you should give more details so others can comment on the actual issues

I'd like to, but my English is too bad. I'm sorry. (but i guess there is a lot of people have already reflected that)
The Impaler

The Impaler

Really the be all and end all statement is that it is a free game. Think of it like a restricted demo.

If you did not pay for something, you are not "owed" something (like access to all units).

Everyone already understands that you need the new units to fight on fair ground, but unless you actually give money to the developers, why would they care what you want? The game is designed to be fun, true, but at its core, it is to make money. Nothing worth playing is free.

Remember people, making games requires hard work, and good games like UniWar deserve compensation for that hard work.

The only caveat is that I am concerned the new units are priced much too high. when (im a few years) the planned 5 DLC units are added to the game, youll have to buy the 70$ coin pack to afford them all... the mobile game is good, and worth money, but not more than a AAA Xbox or PS game... Now that we have 3 DLC units out, I hope the price begins to drop.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Redfog

Redfog

I think it doesn't even take away anything not having them straightaway. I started the Impaler2-thing recently as well to see how far I will get without having them. And I think it could be seen as kind of a campaign where you have to become proficient with the units you already have before implementing new ones into your play style.

Also I have to say that your text is painful to read @The Impaler, why out of all 2^24 colours did you choose yellow?
The Impaler

The Impaler

To burn the point into your retinas ^_^ Haha, hopefully not everyone hates it that much... just wanted it to pop...

[WWW]
Redfog

Redfog

You drove me so far I'm actually considering writing myself a little script to change the color of every text post to yellow .. maybe even a browser extension xD

So open the dev tools (F12 on most browsers, else Ctrl+Shift+i), then click on 'console', then enter this code snippet:

you are welcome

Update: Chrome users may use this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/yellow-changer/halknbjpaocpjcfmeacancmhfpgnfgem?hl=en-US

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 06, 2018 22:07

[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

I'm not running that script as-is .

On topic, it is possible to play without ALL paid units but having certain ones helps greatly. Namely bopper, guardian and salamaner. What irks me personally is that blaster units (and introduction of armor penetration mechanic in general) has degraded tactics to glass cannon war. They've introduced ranged, artillery strong units for half price. Blasters not only reduced a number of tanks but also made full priced artillery redundant.

Also submerged kraken is a joke, for minimal extra cost skimmer outruns is, has more range and shreds it to gibs with 50% armor penetration.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Pero wrote:What irks me personally is that blaster units (and introduction of armor penetration mechanic in general) has degraded tactics to glass cannon war. They've introduced ranged, artillery strong units for half price. Blasters not only reduced a number of tanks but also made full priced artillery redundant.

youre a little off. the ONLY reason the artillery units were good before was because tanks were OP with little to beat them (so they could both hide behind your own tanks, and attack opposing tanks). by correcting the tank issue, further issues in the battery were opened up as a cascade. The balance team is looking to buff the artillery units (or reduce cost) to increase their usefulness. The point is that the blaster units do NOT replace the entire functionality of the artillery, just the most improtant part as a tank killer. now that they are not needed as the only way to kill a tank, the room is open to give them a new niche. it was a systemic problem that has been for the most part fixed, greatly improving the speed and variability of the game, but still has residual effects to clean up.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

The Impaler wrote:
  Pero wrote:What irks me personally is that blaster units (and introduction of armor penetration mechanic in general) has degraded tactics to glass cannon war. They've introduced ranged, artillery strong units for half price. Blasters not only reduced a number of tanks but also made full priced artillery redundant.

youre a little off. the ONLY reason the artillery units were good before was because tanks were OP with little to beat them (so they could both hide behind your own tanks, and attack opposing tanks). by correcting the tank issue, further issues in the battery were opened up as a cascade. The balance team is looking to buff the artillery units (or reduce cost) to increase their usefulness. The point is that the blaster units do NOT replace the entire functionality of the artillery, just the most improtant part as a tank killer. now that they are not needed as the only way to kill a tank, the room is open to give them a new niche. it was a systemic problem that has been for the most part fixed, greatly improving the speed and variability of the game, but still has residual effects to clean up.

I see, I haven't played vs humans before amphibious units got introduced so wasn't aware that tank wall was such an issue. Still, blasters result in glass cannon contest because you have to have them and they die very easily. With recent buffs eclipse can one-shot borfly and bopper on plain or negative defense tile. It's a bit too fast now for my taste . I was ok when 3 damage was base line for normal case and 5 damage if attacker type has advantage over defender (say tank vs marauder or marauder vs marine). Blasters can deal and take 7+ damage. It feels like playing Worms with sudden death from turn 1.
The Impaler

The Impaler

yeah it was annoying before then. it was hard as hell against titans once the game got long enough. and re: eclipse 1 hitting the borfly and bopper - eclipse is a specialized anti-air unit at double the cost, and the borfly is a flying glass cannon. the fact that it couldnt kill the borfly in one hit before was a HUGE issue, the eclipse was literally unusable against a khral who knew how to use it. i was literally using an air unit as a counter to the antiair unit and re-bopper the bopper is far easier to use than the guardian (via the extra range) but at a cost of much weaker stats. i find the guardian sees very little play and the bopper is ofter a major player in svt.

edit: its also important that attackers have some incentive, otherwise who would ever attack? thats why i always advise in map advice to give incentive to the attacker (ie vulnerable bases or something valuable like a city in the middle)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14, 2018 17:10

[WWW]
keymaster2

keymaster2

I think the guardian is an ok unit, i just wish it could be repaired. a 1 health gaurdian unit won't be able to attack much
keymaster2

keymaster2

I think the guardian is an ok unit, i just wish it could be repaired. a 1 health gaurdian unit won't be able to attack much.i accidently sent this on another page.
keymaster2

keymaster2

oops didn't realise i was on the same page
keymaster2

keymaster2

by the way you can get units for 1 on the create unit part and also the unit token costs 3 as you get 5 coins for watching an ad but also you could get coins from winning a game so you don't have to watch ads
Forum Index » General Discussion