[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
Do you think this new patch will better balance the game?
YES 47% [ 8 ]
No 18% [ 3 ]
No (I mostly play Khraleans and don't care for Titans) 18% [ 3 ]
Dunno? 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17
Solitary

Solitary

I'd be lying if I said I'd considered every variable with that suggestion as there's a lot of different maps and different scenarios but what I was thinking is that the extra 50 is a problem on a lot of maps which generall give your resources to a round 100 credits. If swarmer was 200 you could go for example garuda - ant x 2- swarmer - garuda and you'd have the second garuda a turn earlier because you wouldn't have used the spare 50 on a swarmer (or you'd have one extra ant if you went pinzer for the same reason). The issue of massing swarmers would come up but if they were weaker against ground heavy they wouldn't be able to stand up against speeders and marauders so well (khral vs khral is mostly swarmer/garuda anyways so that wouldn't really change apart from pinzer becoming a slightly better blocker and swarmer doing less damage to wyrms).

I've never really seen units being massed in any of my games so I wouldn't be able to judge it beyond saying swarmer has sucky def anyways so I can't imagine it being unstoppable however many you make, especially if it's weaker against marauder/speeder xD.

Again, not saying mine is the best or only idea but khral vs saps is not *that* unbalanced a matchup on a balanced map and big changes I think would just create imbalances elsewhere.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Man I do hope they don't buff the assimilator that much, at least not without changing it's price. Because these buffs may make titans / krals matchups a bit better against mass buried lings but it would do a heck of ton of damage to titans / sap balance...
Damn I'm too lazy to read ALL of your posts...

EDIT: Hey Mason, don't call yourself an idiot, I'll take care of that xD
Joking joking, but still don't call yourself an idiot mate...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05, 2010 10:42

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

I think the best thing to do would be to address the actual problem, which is that buried underlings en mass are a bit overpowered against Titans. A solution would be to increase smash damage to 2 and/or disable buried underling healing. Also probably letting UV hit buried underlings for the standard 1 damage. Honestly, you can't really strategically smash buried underlings too often because mainly you use the cheap units to just cover them, while the expensive ones can't afford to lose their position just to smash an ant for 1 measly damage.

Then you will still have insane Kral harassment because, while Titans will at least be able to feel that they are actually hurting buried ants, they will still have no idea how many hit points they have and where they might be safest to allow an ant to pop up. But at least the Titans will be able to lessen the surprise damage that is sure to come. The fact that Khrals can make Titans dance around so much (when positioning is even more critical for Titans) says there should be a slight change made.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

...and just to add maybe only Titan units cause 2 smashing damage, thus helping to preserve the balance vs. Saps.

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

I just don't see how much more of an advantage you want against khrals captain.

Have you even read that massive list of improvements to help you control ants? Mass buried ants takes a long time to achieve unless you're making nothing but ants and surely if you see that coming then you'd make more mecha and speeders? With assimilated ants being more powerful, as well as faster repairing assimilator and reduced resurface bonus I am in shock you think that's not going to be enough for you xD.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'm in shock that you think this is fair, he thought for a solution without affecting too much the khral vs sapiens Solitary. I can't stress enough that buffing the assimilator THAT much would throw away every other balance in the game. Regarding the assimilated underling, why up air? Titans already have the best anti air. As I've seen somewhere on this forum a khralean / titan team could mass those assimilated underlings, thus having an awesome army.
As much as every titan player fears buried underlings, I don't see why they should be the only one.
Countless times I achieved victory thanks to a buried underling at the right spot at the right time, destroying that battery that has been bugging me. Even khraleans could fear them, but only for their wyrms and infestors, and they have a weapon against those buried underlings: a wall of buried underlings ^^
I would agree to the UV hurting the underling and the upped smash damage, since right now it's being pretty useless. But I won't take away the ability to heal, this is getting a bit unfair. Bear in mind that underlings have a HUGE disadvantage compared to other race's 100 credits units since they don't attack air.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

Meh, without the +1 def I don't see it being a big deal as you can still one shot it. I just think capt is overreacting against khrals much far too the other way and posts like that just bug me when they appear in balance discussions xD. Some of the strongest players in the game play titans and they've obviously found ways of dealing with khrals even without this update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13, 2010 11:37

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

This player being? Cause a lot of "top" players cheated

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

lion37.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Oh yeah he's legit, I can vouch for him being a great player.

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

And a titan player xD. I just don't see massive changes being required when you have a player ranked that high representing your race as it's obviously doable! Small changes sure .
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Yeah we also have that issue in Starcraft 2. A lot of noobs are having problems with a certain type of build and they're asking for massive changes, while the pro have no problem countering the problem at all.
I myself had problem with VoidRays but I just shut my mouth and tried to find a solution with what I had in order to defeat those mofos instead of flooding and flaming people.
Just work on your play style! We need balances for sure but not massive ones.

Wandering...
Solitary

Solitary

That was kind of my thinking, mass buried underlings unless it's very slowly executed is going to leave holes in your def somewhere and if it is very slowly executed there has to be a counter to it. At the moment I am just blasting straight through almost everyone I play, regardless of ranking and because of that it's hard for me to accept that most people are playing at a high enough level that they can say the game needs the kind of big changes they suggest xD.

As a side note, most players my own ranking or higher decline games with me and it's making me wonder about most of the top 300 players!
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

It's not to be wondered about, it's a certainty. I really think we need a stat wipe just to get rid of all those fake players.

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Solitary wrote: Meh, without the +1 def I don't see it being a big deal as you can still one shot it. I just think capt is overreacting against khrals much far too the other way and posts like that just bug me when they appear in balance discussions xD. Some of the strongest players in the game play titans and they've obviously found ways of dealing with khrals even without this update.

LOL Solitairy! My proposal is A LOT tamer than the original poll here. All I suggested for was upped smash damage and/or no buried underling healing. I wasn't saying I wanted this IN ADDITION to upgraded assimilator and assimilated ants, etc. as outlined in the poll. I was offering this as an alternative solution to underling spam being overpowered without buffing the assimilator and upsetting balance elsewhere. My solution addresses the problem directly, that of buried underlings vs. Titans.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 14, 2010 11:07

MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates