[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Swarmers
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

nfong wrote:

Pinzys<garudas<helis<eclipses<plasmas

in my opinion, helis<eclipses but also plasmas<helis.
for the same price, helis have more mobility and better attack vs heavy than plasmas have attack vs air. while plasmas have a decent bit more defence (14 compared to 10) the mobility of the heli will let it get gang ups better, while the plasmas will be on the defensive mostly.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Pinzer>plasma
A pinzer only might receive -2 if the helicopter has all 10 hp
And I don't think pinzers<eclipses-I'd like to see an eclipse kill a pinzer

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Heh heh
plasmas>pinzys for sureeeeeeeeeeeeee

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Does this call for a test?
I think I already tested it before though

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

It was an unfair trial.

MasonC

MasonC

Back to the swarmer side of things I attacked a plasma tank with a swarmer (the plasma tank had 10 health) and the swarmer did 4 damage to the plasma tank and I find a swarmer is lucky to do 1 to a plasma tank is this a bug?
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

yes.
Unless...you got really lucky and the tank's on forest xD

[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

Garudas > Helis earlier in the game where there aren't that many Helis yet (assuming no Mountains either...dam Nix's mountaineer Marines). As seen with my decisive attack against Nix's helis.

Anyways, back to topic. I'm really starting to like the Swarmers a bit more as a nice Anti-Infantry unit. Good early on against Sapiens, but later they just get beaten to a pulp and Garudas have to come to the rescue.

And yup, I'm back. I was preoccupied with chess last week, so I only played Uniwar once in a while. Btw, Nix, don't ever invite me to a map with center bases. They totally kill my Garuda Spam tactics.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21, 2010 17:07

thethanx

thethanx

Ok, so back when this was about swarmers, I'd like to add that a combination of swarmers and garudas can very much help against a chopper 1v1 heli vs garuda both at full HP is destruction for the ruda, but if you first hit it for 1 or 2 (depending on how lucky you are) against a heli, then follow up with a ruda attack, You'll
a) get the gang up bonus and DEAL more damage
b) take LESS damage from the wounded heli

However, as once proven to me, saps pretty much always beat khrals on 1vs1 on 90% of maps... Marine/hei combo is just too much anti air for the race of flyers...

One other reason I almost exclusively play team games now is to avoid that overwhelming advantage.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Keep in mind that the two swarmers alone cost the 500 credits it takes to build a helicopter though plus the Garuda is 350..I'd prefer two garudas because they can seriously injure amd im not sure but maybe kill the helicopter
Sapiens vs khraleans is hard..it's very hard in the beginning..but if you get past the begining helicopter then usually you have to be able to use the scorpion to heal garudas and swarmers very quickly while also pressuring marines...then if you can heal them correctly usually its looking good for you then..

And okay goulin:D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22, 2010 10:31

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

I personally like double Garudas to kill Helis. Once the opponent gets at least 2-3 Helis, you're screwed (thanks to Heli's attack-move).
Solitary

Solitary

It depends what you were doing while they made those helis tbh, you could have 3 garuda and a wyrm for basically the same cost and that should beat the helis if all other things are equal.
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

After playing a few dozen random rated games these past weeks (and boosting my rating a few hundred points so I don't look like a complete noob), I'm finding that I'm building Swarmers against all three races, which is rather ironic given that I never used Swarmers (instead I saved up for Garudas and Wyrms) before I created this thread. Against Saps, I can harass their marines and helicopters a bit, although if I'm not careful my Swarmers can get hurt really bad. Against Khrals, it's pretty obvious - Swarmer rush usually wins, although I tend to mix a couple of Garudas in there to counter an opposing Garuda-spammer. Against Titans, the Swarmer is great to peek at their bases and harass Walkers as much as possible. It's also a great way to elicit the building of eclipses - I can simply move my Swarmers back a bit and build Pinzers/Wyrms/Underling spam.

Most importantly though, the Swarmer is freakin' cheap. It can harass units (with gang-up for potentially greater damage) without them attacking back (at least on our turn), it can scout while saving the 100 extra needed for a Garuda, and it can finish off low-health units without getting hurt. Swarmer is usually what I build when I need a unit for a battle ASAP but don't have enough for anything past a Garuda.

Thanks for your support in helping me find the use of Swarmers, everyone!
[Avatar]
TheOwner

[Avatar]
TheOwner

The gang up for aerial units is exactly the same as land units. If you attack with swarmers from a range, no matter what you will only get +1. If you get right up on them you can get +2 and +3 for gang up bonus.

I was gonna say 'You been owned' but that makes me sound cocky... so um... ya...
[Avatar]
guolin

[Avatar]
guolin

I know that, but sometimes the gang-up bonus can add an extra point of damage if you're lucky, which helps given that Swarmers only deal more than decent damage on Ground Lights. However, it's usually better to use Swarmers melee with flanking on both sides against opposing Swarmers/Wyrms/Leviathans/Dest royers/Eclipses.
Forum Index » Khraleans