[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Do you hate 1.3.0? Rant here.
Forum Index » General Discussion
ignotus

ignotus

EVEN BETTER NOW

After server restart they are rated again. Regardles of few careless moves done during unrated period. Bombastic!
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

I know this forum is only for ranting against 1.3, but i kinda like it. and anyway, most of the problems you people have are only temporary. the admins have said that they will implement ladder for 2v2 and other games, they just haven't gotten around to doing so yet. As for resetting the ladder, i think they should add a "this month" ladder, along with the current "all time" ladder. I have also noticed that it will only match you up with people who have exactly the same amount of points as you, which leads to matches against the same person alot. If i want to play someone alot, i will set up matches against them. they should change the matching algorithm so that it finds people with equal ratings, +/- 50 points, so that it has a wider pool of people to choose from, and not pick the same person twice in a row.
Personally, i play for personal enjoyment, not to climb a ladder. if i want to play a 3v3 game, who cares if i don't get points for it.
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

I doesn't sound like the problems I have with this update will be temporary. Like you, lantry, I play for personal enjoyment, but I do like to get points for it to advance (or decrease) my ranking. That way I can be reasonably sure the the people I play against are sort of in my league. I prefer to play games against multiple players, i.e. 1v1v1v1 games and such. That is now impossible with this "update".
The fact that maybe bothers me the most is that they removed any influence I had. I mean, I used to be able to choose which map I played, how long the turns would be, which race I would like to play, against how many players I play, etc. Now I am being forced these choices upon me, which severely decrease my enjoyment of the game. I like to play against certain players and when I see a game open by them, I would join those games. (I understand that you should now be able to choose one's race, but not in the Symbian version though...)

I'm curious though. How would an extra monthly ladder help? Would that mean that players have two different ranking scores, one of which gets reseted monthly?

Although I appreciate that they will implement a ladder for team games again, it is still a bit sour that they just came in an invalidated all the current team games. Leaving no option to play team games in the mean time. Well, not without rating anyway. It does seem to make this whole move like a knee jerk reaction to some problem I didn't even know (or care, I must admit) about. I would probably have been better if they would have announced some sort of poll through their in-game message system or something. Then this whole mess might have been avoided. The players I talked to in-game either don't like the update or don't care about it. Of course I have no idea about the sentiment of the community as a whole, but as for myself: I'm not starting new games and just play out the old ones. After that I will most likely quit.
Forum Index » General Discussion