[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Xavi balance discussion
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Sloan brought forth a serious issue in the ingame basement chat yesterday, and I thought it might make sense to have more discussion about it.

His concerns were regarding the balance of our beloved game creator, Xavi:

(My thoughts following the - )

@Xavi: is underpowered.
- I think we all agree.

Can you please either raise it's repair to 2, or make it 450 credits?
- Personally I think we should also consider fusing Sims banhammer onto his non coding arm

Because right now, it's the weakest t a n k unit.
- again. I think we all agree. It needs upgrades.

It can get semi-overwhelmed by the cheaper t a n k s,
- I imagine *HE* gets overwhelmed sometimes. I don't know why you're insisting on calling him an it.....

and is unable to really heal any damage from a blaster unit with its single repair compared to the other t a n k s.
- I guess I can't argue with the logic. Say. You said its again..... you aren't suggesting ...?

Buff .

- he's a robot?!

I think we all are very concerned about this very serious balance issue. I'm hoping we can come together to find a reasonable solution.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Basement's sure to have some fun times there
but what's actually weirder, the robot discussion or my profile pic :p

Anyways, a +2 repair is definitely a must, +1 mobility's ok too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24, 2017 18:02

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

So here are my thoughts. Both borfly and salamander have the typical cost expected for Khrals in terms of cheapness, but offer far too much value for such a little cost. Either nerf the effectiveness or up the cost. For example, nerf salamander heal to +1 per turn, and increase cost to 250. Make borflys do 0 damage to ground light or less damage to tanks. All tank units are almost completely useless in a match now. I never build them at all, especially when borflys are everywhere. I think all tank units either get boost of defense, or perhaps immune to aquatic units and a hard counter for them. That or give them special defense against the walker, battery, and wyrms. Thus being somewhat tough. Plasma tanks, for example, I NEVER build anymore at all.

Also eclipse, yes buff it. I've thought +2 health for a long time!! Even then. meh

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Cpt Hawaiian wrote:So here are my thoughts. Both borfly and salamander have the typical cost expected for Khrals in terms of cheapness, but offer far too much value for such a little cost. Either nerf the effectiveness or up the cost. For example, nerf salamander heal to +1 per turn, and increase cost to 250. Make borflys do 0 damage to ground light or less damage to tanks. All tank units are almost completely useless in a match now. I never build them at all, especially when borflys are everywhere. I think all tank units either get boost of defense, or perhaps immune to aquatic units and a hard counter for them. That or give them special defense against the walker, battery, and wyrms. Thus being somewhat tough. Plasma tanks, for example, I NEVER build anymore at all.

Also eclipse, yes buff it. I've thought +2 health for a long time!! Even then. meh

My response:

-Salamander's repair rate is essential, it's useless without it, so nerf def from 8 -> 7
-Ok, Borfly is utterly a huge threat, especially vs Titans, nerfing it significantly is a must, I'd like to switch its def power with Bopper's (2 <> 0), to lessen the threat of the Borflies and increase the Boppers'

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE.

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE.

Tropical storm happened D:

[Avatar]
Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Hawaiian

Haha, okay I've played a bit more and I like salamanders now. I think they're fine. In fact, I like most changes at this point, even borflys. The only thing is that plasma tanks are completely obsolete now. Lets dump the plasma tank and give titans a whole new unit in its place. For example, 2 borflys cost less than a ptank. They can fly, have 3 range, move after attack, and demolish the ptank from anywhere. Why would you ever build a ptank against khrals? Even if they were 400 credits I wouldn't buy one. You get far more value from mechas and speeders etc. Anyway, lots of new units coming and perhaps new dynamics. But for now RIP ptank. haha
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Hawaiian wrote:Haha, okay I've played a bit more and I like salamanders now. I think they're fine. In fact, I like most changes at this point, even borflys. The only thing is that plasma tanks are completely obsolete now. Lets dump the plasma tank and give titans a whole new unit in its place. For example, 2 borflys cost less than a ptank. They can fly, have 3 range, move after attack, and demolish the ptank from anywhere. Why would you ever build a ptank against khrals? Even if they were 400 credits I wouldn't buy one. You get far more value from mechas and speeders etc. Anyway, lots of new units coming and perhaps new dynamics. But for now RIP ptank. haha

they'll keep the no fly zone rule for the Titans, no aerials for them :/

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I'm upset that this discussion has turned serious.

Plz nerf.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

We most definitely need to nerf this thread.
Right now we have one funny heated yesterday's meal, and we can agree I guess, it's yummy, but hell it was worth 250 when it was fresh. And now 300??! FOR WHAT! (but seriously, 'storing it', the clerk said. Next time any of you see this man, punch him in the face). It was pretty much ok at this point. But THEN, happenings happen. First this guy, 'hey look at my profile pic I'm shouting it everywhere that's how not embarrased I am). Cool, the thread was still going places. Balanced, pretty much, a bit of sugar, a bit of salt. Later on, the guy came, added a bit of salamanders here and there. I didn't read all of that tbh, noticed only 2 separate accounts, one with a face covered, 2nd with face shown, cool, added a little bit drama, a little bit of country vinegar. Still cool, a bit more OP than a regular thread, but nothing fancy. I'd say +2, +3 posts and -59 credits would do, especially because I mean that way +50 into my pocket, really.
Then Duaneski came, added a bit sour cream. Nah, I'm pretty much cool with all of that. Do not nerf it. I re-read that a couple of times and
I think they're fine. In fact, I like most changes at this point

Ramen, brothers and sisters. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster lead us all!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06, 2017 22:22

Forum Index » General Discussion