[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Further interpretation on chn zero’s previous post
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

Chn zero's last post on his suggestions on improving the balance of the units has received hot discussion. However, by reading the replies, he thinks that he still needs to further interpret his ideas to make them clearer and better understood especially by the devs for a possibility to make some adjustment to the units he mentioned. And I have been authorized to post his further ideas here. I am just interpreting here, not posting my own standings and opinions.
The link of chn zero's previous post:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3000.page

1. For a certain unit, its value or strength is not always indicated by the frequency that it is used. Sometimes you just HAVE TO use that unit a lot or you can't win a certain game at all, which means that the unit is more of necessity. For example, in SvS in maps where there is vast plains, we tend to use a lot of marauders than helicopters, but can we say a single marauder is stronger than a single helicopter? The answer is certainly no.
2. Also, we can't regard a unit as weak solely for the reason that it is not frequently used. For example, guardian. We seldom see this unit being mass produced. However, we can see guardians in most SvT and TvT. Though the number of guardians is rather small, they are mostly the decisive forces in the battles, like the cherry on the top of an ice-cream.
3. If a unit is hardly ever used in games between veterans, then this unit must be, to some extent, a chicken rib. For example, the battery. Zero believes that this unit needs remaking but still being different from walker and wyrm and here is his suggestion: reducing the range of battery to 2-3 and the atk vs aerial to 10, giving it both atk after move(AAM) and MAA, while rising the price to 700.
4. There is an ever existing problem in solo games that when the map is large and the bases of the opponents are faraway from each other's, while S and K are possible to beat each other, there is neither chance for S to beat T nor T to beat K. There should be some measures taken to solve this problem. So zero's idea to make some adjustment to helicopter and mecha is mainly aimed at point 3 and point 4. Even if those two units are not being adjusted, there should be some adjustment made to battery to grant S some chance winning T on large maps. Meanwhile, T should be given some strength to deal with mass buried underlings to stand a chance while fighting against K in large maps.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 06, 2017 10:41

The Impaler

The Impaler

Excellent points. I support this 100%.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Zero is a great player... among many other also great players ... you are also very good player Killer (i value your opinion equally high as zeros... you play way more games than him...)
We will difinately not change the battery the way proposed... while an interesting idea you must take into consideration how units have been defined earlier. For example the race-logic of range and cost (3 - 4- 5 and 550 - 650 - 750)...
[there is a strong "guidance" on the race design... titan: expensive and long range to khral: cheap and shorter range]

Im pretty sure that not all top players will agree that the battery isnt usable.. We are considering to increase usability of some units (tanks and artillery + eclipse) - but these will probably be minor changes .. not a total "rewrite".
I disagree that the helicopter have an issue with titan tank.. the things described (high credit and large maps) are not common scenarios and will almost never happen in the maps chosen for tourneys - it will be unvise to try to cover all thinkable map/matchup/scenarios... there is always a tradeoff with so many parameters...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » General Discussion