[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Guilds, Factions, Clans, etc.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Roadkill

Roadkill

So on chat I've heard a lot of people being upset about a lot of things: one thing being the retention of higher ranking veteran players. Veterans don't really get the recognition they deserve as tourneys have lost their luster and nobody pays much attention to them. Heck, idk who Konoho or Soli are.

New player retention is also low because sometimes they don't integrate well with the community of veterans.

I suggest the introduction of a grouping system (i.e. guilds, factions, clans, etc.). New players can join factions to get a "home" in Uniwar per se, and old players can help raise the new players. Factions can organize wars between each other, no need for Xavi to divert resources and attention to that, as heads of respective factions can organize wars. Winning wars can gain prestige for a faction, much like the rating of individual players.

Factions would have their own chat, and some other stuff I can't think of right now. Balancing factions could entail an average of all solo ratings or something. Our maybe no balancing at all. High rankers could agree to not make an unbalanced team. Factions would consist of like 5-15 players. It would bond the community together and give veteran players something to do (teach the new guys).

Older and more veteran players will get recognition by leading their faction, as newer players will look up to them. It would add a new dynamic to the game rather than just the in-game mechanics of each unit. Veterans will have to learn to direct, lead, and coordinate their faction.

Anyway, maybe it's a silly suggestion that requires way too much coding, but I think it would be a great way to bring the community closer and more involved.
[Avatar]
Jeffph79

[Avatar]
Jeffph79

I like your idea. It's already sort of in play organically as many players tend to gravitate towards like minded players.
The Impaler

The Impaler

i dont think it would achieve what you think it would. ie personally if i were to bother with a faction, id make one with other 2300+ players... no new players would gain anything. but besides, people talk so little that groups of 15 or lower would be dead chat rooms. i think if verterans wanted to teach, theyd do it. quattro teams etc are already options...

guilds and things of the like are more of a 2005 call of duty kind of thing... they only work if people decide to make them work, and a lot of the pros are actualy adults. i know some of the top 10 players have kids. adults are generally not interested in those sorts of things. if it was a younger player base then the idea would be significantly more viable

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
DiegoRaist

[Avatar]
DiegoRaist

that would be awesome
Batteries

Batteries

The Impaler wrote: i dont think it would achieve what you think it would. ie personally if i were to bother with a faction, id make one with other 2300+ players... no new players would gain anything

Maybe you could set it up so each guild/clan/faction or whatever had to achieve a certain average score. Sure, nothing would stop people from making smurf accounts to bring their averages down, but I'd like to hope that most of us who are active in the community would actually bring in players with lower rankings to help them out.
Ricix

Ricix

It is a great idea! I'm a Hungarian. There are about 30-35 active Hungarian people, and I would be happy to have a community where we can be together and can chat about the uniwar.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01, 2017 19:02

Pento

Pento

I like that there are no clans and fractions in Uniwar. Everyone is quite friendly and helpful to everyone and I think one reason is because everyone plays anyhow on its own.
I remember those clan games where you got attached by thirty people because you were an easy victim or because you were friends with their enemies...
I don't see any advantage in it. If you wanna talk to people use the forum.
Forum Index » New Feature Request