[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Stat Rescaling Discussion
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As you can see, I made a sheet about scaling up the unit stats, which in turn can get into an open discussion, what are your words for this?

The sheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtXtb7RsaY4aobwmY7o3J9DWKXSkvOHMR-IMAsdOQTk/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08, 2017 22:53

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Please take my comments with a grain of salt as I don't know exactly what goes on behind the scenes. I'm basing my comments on my perception of the balancing process from comments made by Xavi and Sims. I think rescaling is a good idea and would allow for more granular rebalancing.

With that said, I think the bigger issue is the lack of resources and data to effectively balance the game. I don't get the impression Xavi has a lot of help, and most of his time is spent on development. From my understanding, there's a very small team of 5-6 high level players who talk about balance of the game. So my questions are as follows:

How often do they discuss balance?
What type of data (if any) do they have to support their conclusions?
Is there a way to test balance changes before release?

Before making balancing more complicated (with the possibility of also making it better), I think these issues should be addressed. Aside from anecdotal evidence and experience from a few players, how do we know a particular unit is under utilized? How do we know the win rates of each race combination? How do we know which maps are imbalanced? These questions can't be answered accurately unless there is data that proves it.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i dont htink rescaling the stats would add much of value that you cant achieve with current variables. If anything, the addition of armour piercig added another layer on some of the stats wich make minor adjustments quite possible.

dr.pepper: its mostly based on the experience from high level players. We will later get access to more statistical data from games.
There is no test enviroment to test changes, but we use dammagecalculators to see how much changes will affect the dammage output.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
The Impaler

The Impaler

+1 to Sims. Hope he stays on after spooky house.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion