[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Unit Design Repository
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Please feel free to add your own unit designs here.

I'll provide my feedback on your units, and I of course welcome feedback on the ones I post.

***if you add images please be courteous to myself and others on mobile devices and resize the image to 320x240 or smaller. This doesn't resize the forum. Thank you!***

(I don't anticipate any of these designs being used - I just really enjoy making new units)

----------

More new units. These ones are truly headaches haha

(I removed the Dervish unit. He stepped on the toes of the Fuze a little too much for my liking)

Titans - Legion
GL
Cost: 250
Can capture bases.
Actions per turn: 1
Mobility 6
Vision 2
GL 9
GH 5
Aerial 4
Aq 4
Amph 5
Range 1
Defense 4 ,( 10 ) *
Repair 1

When this unit ends an action without attacking, it's defense becomes 10 (PLUS terrain modifiers) until the beginning of this players next turn.

Legion gains +1 defense if there is an adjacent Legion unit. (Max +1 bonus, does not stack.)

[[Before you cry OP.. compare him to the salamander ]]

Khralean - Lurker
Can not capture bases.
GH
Cost 600
Mobility 6
Underground mobility: 4
Vision: 0
Underground vision: 4
Special force: bury
Special force: attack while underground*
Special force: can not attack while above ground.
GL 8
GH 8
Aerial N/A
Aq 8
Amph 8
Range 2-4
Defense 0
Repair 3

*this unit can attack any visible enemy units while it is buried. This unit can only be attacked by enemy units firing with a steep trajectory to penetrate into the ground (must be from range 3 or greater.). These units may only fire upon the lurkers position once the devilish creatures have been spotted by a friendly adjacent unit.

Sapien - Field Medic
Can capture bases.
GL
Cost 150
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 3
GH 2
Aerial N/A
Aq 3
Amph 5
Range 1
Defense 8
Repair 2
Adds 1 to adjacent unit repair rate. (Does not heal plague)
Immune to plague

(Yeah, a sort of answer to salamander. But certainly has other applications. Good complement to marines I think)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 00:37

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Sapiens - Forward Lieutenant
GL
Cost: 200
Can capture bases.
Mobility 11
Vision 5
GL N/A
GH N/A
Aerial N/A
Aq N/A
Amph N/A
Range N/A
Defense 4
Repair 2

Special force: advance deployment

Advance deployment: once during your turn, you may spend 100 credits to create a marine adjacent to the General.

Khralean - Acid Blob
Amphibian
Cost: 300
Can not capture bases
Mobility *
Vision 1
GL *
GH *
Aerial *
Aq *
Amph *
Range 1
Defense *
Repair 0

*all of the above star (*) stats are equal to the Acid Blob's health.

Special force: acid splash. When the acid blob is attacked by a ranged attack, he splashes acid, dealing one damage to ALL adjacent units.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15, 2017 23:55

[Avatar]
Coldswing

[Avatar]
Coldswing

+1

ps. idk about the general being named "general" he sounds more like a mobile base :p Where are the zerglings?

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Coldswing wrote:+1

ps. idk about the general being named "general" he sounds more like a mobile base :p Where are the zerglings?

I'll add the zerglings. I think I posted that General design somewhere previously haha

Lkasr suggested officer... that may do nicely for general ... I'll think about it.

How about commander ?
Batteries

Batteries

How about instead of a general, it's a platoon or something. Starts with 10hp, can't heal, and is a ground heavy despite being made up of only infantry. Every time you spawn a new marine, you send a faction off from the platoon, and it loses 2hp.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Batteries wrote:How about instead of a general, it's a platoon or something. Starts with 10hp, can't heal, and is a ground heavy despite being made up of only infantry. Every time you spawn a new marine, you send a faction off from the platoon, and it loses 2hp.

Thoughts:

What is the cost and attack power and other stats of the platoon? Seems like it should be significant. Along with the cost.... and I dunno.... I can see how it might make sense thematically... but I can't imagine how it would make sense within the context of the game... maybe if it were for a new very small khral unit that had tiny parts that break off... I could see this sorta mechanic working there. But we already know what a marine does. So if there's a unit representing 5 marines... I guess I don't understand how that gets repped as less than 5 marines worth of power.

Dunno if that makes sense. My brain is muddy :p

Naming the unit "recruiter" or "forward leuitenent" or something seems like a better fix to me at any rate )

(BUT ... I do like your idea for a khral or maybe even titan unit ... robot with TINY little break off spiders?!)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Khralean - Imperial
Amphibian
Cost: 700
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 7
Vision 5
GL N/A
GH N/A
Aerial N/A
Aq N/A
Amph N/A
Range N/A
Defense 5
Repair 1

Special force: advance deployment - Runnerling

Advance deployment: once during your turn, you may spawn one Runnerling adjacent to the Emperor. The Emperor loses 2 health.

Khralean - Runnerling
Amphibian
Cost: 50
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 6
Vision 1
GL 4
GH 1
Aerial N/A
Aq 2
Amph 1
Range N/A
Defense 2
Repair 1

Special force: rapid deployment

Rapid deployment: when the Runnerling first enters play, you may immediately move it. (It will not be able to attack)

Titan - Emperor Tank
GH
Cost: 650
Can not capture bases.
Actions per turn: 2
Mobility 6
Vision 3
GL 9
GH 8
Aerial 7
Aq 8
Amph 9
Range 1
Defense 13
Repair 2

Special force: Dampening field - units teleported adjacent to this unit do not enter Cooldown. (They may move and attack after teleporting. They still have a Cooldown on the teleport ability)

Sapiens - Chimera
GH
Cost: 350
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 9
Vision 1
GL 7
GH 5
Aerial 5
Aq 7
Amph 7
Range 1-2
Defense 6
Repair 1
AAM: yes
MAA: No
Bury: yes
Bury mobility: 12

Special force - Thrusters (2 charges)
The Chimera can activate its thrusters while above ground to move, ignoring ZoC and terrain, up to 3 tiles from its current location. The Chimera can activate this ability before or after attacks, and each of its two thrusters has a Cooldown of 2 rounds. Thrusters enter Cooldown every turn while the Chimera is buried.

Special force - bury.
While buried, the Chimera loses 2 health per turn. The Chimera does not get a resurface bonus. Cooldown 12 rounds.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 00:51

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Note on emperor tank: that ability is for all units with teleport. So allied units AND enemy units. (So a guardian could TP, walk a step back and blast it in the face ) )

Edit: I realized there's probably a better name for that ability than dampening field. But you get the idea :p

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15, 2017 22:43

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I don't like this batch as much. I guess I really could love the night bringer. Other than that... I can see how the units might fit in, but they don't have a wow factor to me.

Khralean - Terror
Aerial
Cost: 500
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 12
Vision 3
GL 10
GH 7
Aerial 3
Aq 4
Amph 4
Range 1
Defense 10
Repair 1

Special Force - metamorphose
adrenaline coursing through its veins, the creature erupts in spines, bloodlust fills its mind, and Terror is unleashed. (+5 attack, +6 mobility, -3 defense this turn.) Cooldown: 5 rounds.

Khralean - Nightbringer
GH
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 10
Vision 2
GL 3
GH 2
Aerial 6
Aq 4
Amph 3
Range 1
Defense 6
Repair 2

Special force - nightbringer (passive)
Your units within 2 hexes of Nightbringer are obscured from enemy vision. (regardless of distance.)

Titan - Adjudicator
GL
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 10
Vision 4
GL 14
GH 4
Aerial 4
Aq 6
Amph 4
Range 1
Defense 10
Repair 2

Special force - (passive) - Allocate Matter: when the adjudicator kills an enemy unit, it reassigns the matter comprising its victim, healing 2 health to itself and all friendly units within 2 hexes.

Sapien - Templar
GH
Cost: 550
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 6
Vision 3
GL 8
GH 6
Aerial 7
Aq 10
Amph 10
Range 1
Defense 14
Repair 10

Special force - active Nanites (passive)
Templar heals 3 health each turn. Templar is immune to plague.

Titan - Gorgon
GH
Cost: 300
Can not capture bases.
Mobility 10
Vision 3
GL 7
GH 5
Aerial 3
Aq 3
Amph 6
Range 1
Defense 10
Repair 1

Special force - siphoning field - (passive) adjacent enemy units have a mobility of zero and can not move after attack.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 03:10

Forum Index » New Feature Request