[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Marine Ability Idea: Transport
Forum Index » New Feature Request
What unit transition would be the best for GLs
-> GH 67% [ 2 ]
-> Aerial 33% [ 1 ]
-> Amphibian 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Yes, yes, we know that there shouldn't be any transports, but what if we use it as an ability for the Marines themselves instead? Meet the Transport ability!

As said, it gives Sapien Gl more mobility and will change unit typing (there are 3 examples, but there can only be one) but, can't attack or cap bases. To use Transport, you tap of the "Transport" action before moving, this works the same way for removing it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 08:19

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Auditore89

Auditore89

the big deal on titans is the teleport ability, since we have bad move (yes i'm a titan), once u boots saps and/or khrals to have even more advantage in this scenario, we'll perish from the game
Batteries

Batteries

Personally GH gets my vote, but with a caveat. Movement for the transport would have to be severely limited EXCEPT on roads. That would give roads a bit more meaning, and would encourage people to block them, protect them, and would prevent Auditore's concern from being an issue.

EDIT: At the end of the day though, I agree with Duaneski and think this could be handled in a different manner.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18, 2017 15:04

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I'm confused.

So the marine just randomly becomes a transformer and turns into a jeep?

That seems odd to me. I guess that the transporter unit would have totally different stats? Like, no attack and very low defense? And an inability to capture bases?

But at this point, we are talking about:
1) a transforming unit? Where did the jeep come from. Where does it go when the marine is done with it...
2) creation of multiple new animations, including the jeep driving into the hex?? (or other vehicle), the marine entering the jeep, and then all of the animations for the jeep actually driving around.
3) assignment of stat changes to the now new unit...?
4) animations and what happens once the unit goes away...

What I'm trying to say:
At this point, with all that would be required, why NOT just make a new unit that actually just transports GL units. Or if you please, just infantry units.

(As an aside. I think there are other ways to approach this beside transporter units. Forward deployment units I think could fill this role. Or a unit which can buff movement speed of a unit type could also work. I think we all would like more support units, and if we look at it from this perspective we can attempt to increase the flavor of each race by addressing this uniquely for each race versus just making transporter units...)
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:I'm confused.

So the marine just randomly becomes a transformer and turns into a jeep?

That seems odd to me. I guess that the transporter unit would have totally different stats? Like, no attack and very low defense? And an inability to capture bases?

But at this point, we are talking about:
1) a transforming unit? Where did the jeep come from. Where does it go when the marine is done with it...
2) creation of multiple new animations, including the jeep driving into the hex?? (or other vehicle), the marine entering the jeep, and then all of the animations for the jeep actually driving around.
3) assignment of stat changes to the now new unit...?
4) animations and what happens once the unit goes away...

What I'm trying to say:
At this point, with all that would be required, why NOT just make a new unit that actually just transports GL units. Or if you please, just infantry units.

(As an aside. I think there are other ways to approach this beside transporter units. Forward deployment units I think could fill this role. Or a unit which can buff movement speed of a unit type could also work. I think we all would like more support units, and if we look at it from this perspective we can attempt to increase the flavor of each race by addressing this uniquely for each race versus just making transporter units...)

The ability only applies to the user itself, so the Marines transform into them hopping onto tiny jeeps themselves, gaining +4 mobility and changing their unit affinity to GH
They won't transport other units, just by themselves
How it works is that they use Transport to gain extra mobility, but they won't attack or capture bases, the user's defense remains the same and can be switched on and off at the beginning of the unit's action, so tap on the ability 1st before you move around with it

I hope this helps

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18, 2017 19:44

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

So, they just can't attack at all? I guess that works. Do they deal retaliation damage, or does it last one tun only?

I'm still bothered by: where do the jeeps come from? Where do they go?

And in general my biggest problem is just a technical one: why spend all of the time developing this 'ability' when designing a new unit would honestly probably be easier. And more functional
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

They can't retaliate either

It doesn't have a duration limit, but it does have a cooldown duration to prevent convenience spamming

It's a very small one something that could be carried or something, I'm thinking of the jeep as a one seater unit.

Why I think of this instead bc to keep the promise of no transport units, Uniwar's unique for it and the ability of transporting oneself is a loophole to the restriction

Forum Index » New Feature Request