[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar gets acquired by Spooky House Studios
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
gljack

[Avatar]
gljack

Dear UniWar players,

We are pleased to announce that UniWar has been acquired by Spooky House Studios.

We at Spooky House Studios are committed to take good care of UniWar players. Going forward we will bring new and awesome features to the game.

UniWar, welcome to the Spooky House Studios family!
cheese

cheese

Wait...is this true? Or are you Doctorspooky?
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Now that's a big news?!
Good luck gentlemen! What about Xavi?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

https://www.spookyhousestudios.com/s/

Such luminary titles as bubble explode and bubble explode ultra ...

Should the community be concerned that your web page states that you "feature pick up and play" games?

I don't think much of the current community would be excited to see the game dumbed down....

Look forward to hearing more about the reason for the acquisition and your plans
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Looking forward to hear your plans for future development.
Bugface

Bugface

What a strange way to announce the hand off. I would have thought that an announcement from Xavi or at least a quick note introducing the new owners would have been the first thing.
[Avatar]
gljack

[Avatar]
gljack

cheese wrote:Wait...is this true? Or are you Doctorspooky?

This is true. I am not the doctor Spooky I am lead game designer of Spooky House Studios, my name is Andrei

Nice to meet all of you guys!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

gljack wrote:

This is true. I am not the doctor Spooky I am lead game designer of Spooky House Studios, my name is Andrei

Andrei, can you maybe give us a quick blurb on why you wanted to acquire Uniwar? Or is this or more information forthcoming?

This game doesn't fit in with any of your other games. I am at least a little bit confused and concerned.

And I agree with Bugface. I think we are getting used to things being not announced or communicated maybe in the best way, but this seems like an awfully strange and low key way to announce this transition.
[Avatar]
gljack

[Avatar]
gljack

Duaneski wrote:https://www.spookyhousestudios.com/s/

Such luminary titles as bubble explode and bubble explode ultra ...

Should the community be concerned that your web page states that you "feature pick up and play" games?

I don't think much of the current community would be excited to see the game dumbed down....

Look forward to hearing more about the reason for the acquisition and your plans

Dear Duaneski,

We have pick up and play games, and now in addition to that we also have UniWar. Which is not pick up and play at all, it is a game that requires a lot of thought.

We at Spooky House Studios are huge fans of the game and it is in our best interest to bring only best new features to it.

The reason for the acquisition - is transfer of ownership. The

What makes you think we want to dumm down the game ?

Answering your question : Here is a list of new features that we have already introduced over the course of last month:

Animated replays
Animated moves
Camera zoom in
Double tap to zoom

The above mentioned features are already in beta on Google Play and will hit the store in a couple of days.

The new underwater units are coming too, they will hit Google Play next week and hopefully Apple App Store as well.

We have more stuff that we are working on. We'll be announcing it as we go forward.
[Avatar]
gljack

[Avatar]
gljack

volf wrote:Looking forward to hear your plans for future development.

Dear Volf,

First thing we'll do is we'll improve single player campaign for easier introduction of new players into the game.

Here is what we managed to do over the course of the last month:

Animated replays
Animated moves
Camera zoom in
Double tap to zoom

The above mentioned features are already in beta on Google Play and will hit the store in a couple of days.

The new underwater units are coming too, they will hit Google Play next week and hopefully Apple App Store as well.

We have more stuff that we are working on. We'll be announcing it as we go forward.

[Avatar]
gljack

[Avatar]
gljack

Duaneski wrote:
  gljack wrote:

Andrei, can you maybe give us a quick blurb on why you wanted to acquire Uniwar? Or is this or more information forthcoming?

This game doesn't fit in with any of your other games. I am at least a little bit confused and concerned.

And I agree with Bugface. I think we are getting used to things being not announced or communicated maybe in the best way, but this seems like an awfully strange and low key way to announce this transition.

Dear Dueneski,

The reason we wanted to acquire UniWar is because we love this game and we see a lot of ways in which we can make it even better.

The game doesn't fit with any of our games. All of our games are very different in nature : Bubble Explode, Rail Maze, You Sunk, Ice Driver, Nail Them All - to name a few. There are no similarities between these games, so all of our games are very different. UniWar will fit perfectly. We are going to take good care of it.

Xavi is also there for us to help us with transition and with issues that might arise in the future.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Gljack -thank you for your quick response and for the details you've provided.

I know we aren't necessarily owed an explanation or anything. But I hope you can understand why I would be concerned.

I am glad to hear you acknowledge that this game is unlike your others. I think just knowing that you're aware of that makes me feel better

What makes you think we want to dumm down the game? <---- there are a lot of things that could be done that would immediately ruin the game. If your goal in acquiring the game is to have it be profitable, then it's possible you could employ some unfavorable changes. Looking at the *seemingly* simple game designs you guys have on your website, it is for me a bit concerning that maybe simplifying the game to make it more accessible, marketable, or just profitable would be a goal for your group.

Seeing you're long term players helps. And knowing you've already implemented updates to the game is encouraging. But I'm gonna live in 'show me' territory for a little while.

Again. Thank you for the response. It helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16, 2017 15:51

Smash664

Smash664

You guys know that zoom feature crashes the game right?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Smash664 wrote:You guys know that zoom feature crashes the game right?

Batteries

Batteries

First off, welcome! I've seen your name around a few times, but not as the lead designer!

I'm with Duaneski on this. Your responses are reassuring, but until we've seen what you plan to implement I'm going to be in "show me territory" as well.

Now for a few questions. Do you plan to publicly announce changes and new features? Do you plan to take community feedback into account with these features? Will you be announcing features as they develop or only after they are ready to be implemented?
Forum Index » General Discussion