[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
1.12.3/4 (Beta) with new aquatic units
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

- 3 new aquatic submersible units (Kraken, Skimmer, Submarine)
- Only available in offline play (map editor, play vs bot, play vs friend) until released on all platforms.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 14, 2018 21:20

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Bugs found:
- hitting a hydronaut with a kraken submerged 2 tiles away will cause game to be unsyncronized when trying to end turn
- units on bridges are considered as "on land" and cant be hit by submerged units... (bridges should count as "in water" for aquatic units)

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Jeffph79

[Avatar]
Jeffph79

While testing svk it seems that salmander does not plauge submarine. Is this on purpose?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Jeffph79 wrote:While testing svk it seems that salmander does not plauge submarine. Is this on purpose?

yes.. its airtight

[Email]
copeab

copeab

I'll repeat my suggestion from chat that artillery be able to attack submerged units. This would fix two issues (1) invulnerability of a submersible vs an opponent without submersibles and (2) the usefulness of artillery after the blaster units have made them less common. The artillery should have it's attack strength halved (rounded up) since it has to go through several meters of water (or other liquid) which is effectively added armor.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

copeab wrote:I'll repeat my suggestion from chat that artillery be able to attack submerged units. This would fix two issues (1) invulnerability of a submersible vs an opponent without submersibles and (2) the usefulness of artillery after the blaster units have made them less common. The artillery should have it's attack strength halved (rounded up) since it has to go through several meters of water (or other liquid) which is effectively added armor.

this is a post for features, bugs and issues with 1.12.3/4... feature requests should be posted in another section

[Email]
Porphyr

Porphyr

In the new version, health of submerged units appears on the left side, should be on the right. The new visualisation looks bad when units are stacked. This applies to buried underlings as well.

Also, you can now see the health of enemy buried/submerged units. This is supposed to be hidden.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Porphyr wrote:In the new version, health of submerged units appears on the left side, should be on the right. The new visualisation looks bad when units are stacked. This applies to buried underlings as well.

Also, you can now see the health of enemy buried/submerged units. This is supposed to be hidden.

Buried/Submerged units do have their Hp at the left side, nothing wrong with it, but us being able to see enemy buried/submerged is something new

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
copeab

copeab

Sorry, didn't see a thread on submersibles anywhere else.
Batteries

Batteries

Any patchnotes on the update that was released overnight?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Batteries wrote:Any patchnotes on the update that was released overnight?

This bug is fixed : hitting a hydronaut with a kraken submerged 2 tiles away will cause game to be unsyncronized when trying to end turn
Also some smaller GUI improvements

[Email]
Batteries

Batteries

Thanks! I'd love to get these regularly, even if nothing interesting gets pushed. It's nice to see what the devs are doing with the game on both the front and back end
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates