[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Oh stars...
Forum Index » General Discussion
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

So...what's up with the stars under users' names in the forums?
I have five gold ones...as do any mods...and I know off the top of my head that lion37 has four.
I've seen others with varying amounts from 2-5...but what do they mean?
I thought number of posts...but that's not it because lion37 has more than I do lol.

Anyone know?
GERMANator

GERMANator

i am guessing that this could shedd some light:

Karma is a built-in function within the UniWar Forums that allows a person to award and be awarded points for good forum postings.

The karma points (or cookies as some people call them) are listed on the left side of every member post, under their Member ID, Title and Stars. The format looks like this:

Any member can receive karma at any point while they are a member here once they've made their first post. However, to grant karma to others, you must have a Posts: count of at least 50 in these forums. Once you have made those 50 posts, you will see a new button in the same section of each members posts (right below their Karma: count line).

If you press that button on a person's post, their Karma count will increase by one. Some people call this giving a person a karma cookie.

There is a limit on granting karma. You may only award a person a single applaud within a one hour period.

Finally, the spirit of karma here on the UniWar forums is to show appreciation for a post that a person has made. If you feel that a certain post is above average or especially helpful, then hit that applaud link under the member's id for that post and award them a cookie.
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Gotcha.
Thanks very much!!!!
And thanks to whoever added "karma" cookies (yummm) to give me five stars!
^_^
magic molly

magic molly

Actually, that's not karma. That's the rating system. On the upper right of a post other posters can rate your posts, from 1-5 stars. I have three atm, because i have enough posts that i have gotten a whopping 2 votes. Anyone with 5 starts likely has only one vote. (i pissed some guy off and he gave me a one a while back)

Karma is only for people with 50+ posts. You can only give or get it with 50+ posts.
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Oh....gotcha.
So...is there anyway to check what ratings you've received and who they were from?
Forum Index » General Discussion