[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
You should fake real players with bots
Forum Index » New Feature Request
MilanGM

MilanGM

You (developers) should fake sometimes real players with bots. Nobody could really tell the difference, except maybe in the chat window, but hey! There are people that don't want to talk.
Reason to fake players? - To make multiplayer (and entire game) more alive! I feel that there are too few active players in the game. :-/
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

sounds like a really good idea, it'll also practice ourselves too

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Bots are too dumb. They play at a sub 1500 level. They are also really obviously bot players as they all play the same way and once you know it's a bot its too easy to beat. e.g. You can beat a bot simply by building engineer type units, assuming that engineer will convert the bot's base unit ... bots never learn.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

wookieontheweb wrote:Bots are too dumb. They play at a sub 1500 level. They are also really obviously bot players as they all play the same way and once you know it's a bot its too easy to beat. e.g. You can beat a bot simply by building engineer type units, assuming that engineer will convert the bot's base unit ... bots never learn.

He meant creating AIs based on our performance and playstyle, a custom learning AI

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Batteries

Batteries

LkASr wrote:
  wookieontheweb wrote:Bots are too dumb. They play at a sub 1500 level. They are also really obviously bot players as they all play the same way and once you know it's a bot its too easy to beat. e.g. You can beat a bot simply by building engineer type units, assuming that engineer will convert the bot's base unit ... bots never learn.

He meant creating AIs based on our performance and playstyle, a custom learning AI
That's a huuuuuuuge undertaking. Maybe they should work on the backlog first...
[Avatar]
lodeous

[Avatar]
lodeous

The difference in skill level between your average 1500 level player and a bot is immense.

I am a Quaternion: one part real, three parts imaginary.
keymaster2

keymaster2

some bots are quite good.some 1799 bots can beat me
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

If you known it's bot, just deliver one fine plaque then you win.
Bot never do something with an epidemic.
Also marching support units to convert them all is really good.

But I never play against bots for years. Maybe they're improved now.
The Impaler

The Impaler

please stop necroing threads keymaster

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Flash99

Flash99

Why not try some neutral network bots? Does an AlphaUni sound exciting?

I think I might be about to help if you open up an API, and there should be plenty AI engineers in the community
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I did ask about this when uniwar was still owned by xavi, it's creator. I have raised the question with pashaka in the in game chat but i think it got politely ignored. Currently there isn't much you can do api wise.

However I did reverse engineer the map and created an html5 viewer. I got the files from my rooted device and never worked out if i could pull them direct. Seemed plausible as it didn't look encrypted. If you want i am happy to give you a link to my github repo if you pm me, then you can see where i got with it. It's pretty old and I'm not promising the code won't make you want to vomit!

However, if you can get the map in a browser and re-implement all the rules, then you can also run an AI locally and it could do whatever you want. You could also make a better editor, test new units, new tiles, etc. I just ran out of enthusiasm.

You may want to raise things like this in game chat. I'm one of the last to view the site and I'm not that regular a visitor.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request