[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Counter-queued almost every game
Forum Index » General Discussion
KyRoS37

KyRoS37

Seems that 9 out of every 10 ranked games I play, I'm always countered by the other race's support character. If you queue for a random game, seems that it should match you with only random opponents. If I'm not mistaken, once you queue up, others see your game and can join it with the race that best counters you, us that correct? If so, this seems like a system that is way to easily abused and should be fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09, 2017 20:08

Evad

Evad

I always thought a random game was a purely random game. I don't think it goes on a list where someone sees your game like it does for a custom game. But I could be wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09, 2017 20:45

Eikonoklastes

Eikonoklastes

If you create a custom rated game and do not restrict the other player's race selection, then of course it is possible for players to pick the "stronger" race. If you use the random game function (either by selecting a specific race or leaving it random), then the match up is, in fact, random. There is no visible list for random rated. If there were, it wouldn't be considered random. It ultimately comes down to the luck of the draw. Some people constantly get assigned their weakest race whereas others may get their strongest race the majority of the time. Based on your description, you've just been a bit unlucky (assuming that you choose to see it that way).
The Impaler

The Impaler

^ he's right

Also keep in mind this is a very balanced game, you do not lose simply through rock paper scissors. No one race counters the other perfectly.

/thread

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10, 2017 04:35

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
keymaster2

keymaster2

no they have advantages over each other but it depends on the skill level of the players
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

keymaster2 wrote:no they have advantages over each other but it depends on the skill level of the players
please... you are a 1500 player.. impaler is a top player at 2500+
And also stop resurecting old posts without any good reason... please

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

simsverd wrote:
  keymaster2 wrote:no they have advantages over each other but it depends on the skill level of the players
please... you are a 1500 player.. impaler is a top player at 2500+
And also stop resurecting old posts without any good reason... please

It amuses me when he/she and chimes with some "wisdom" on old threads . Pacing is ok if you are checking forum daily.
Forum Index » General Discussion