[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Building submarine units
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I don't know if this is a bug or intended (but odd) behaviour.

If you have a port of yours that is either covered or being capped by an enemy unit, then you can still build a submersible unit (at least the build menu pops up and tells me I can't build subs yet).

Seems wrong to me!

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

So there's weird effects because of this behaviour of subs to be built submerged. If you move one of your units onto a port then build you get a sub. Next turn you move the sub but it is now impossible to build another sub without moving the unit first because you always select the unit on top for movement. You are missing the switch unit type menu option. Alternatively you could just produce subs on the surface and these issues go away.

Given you try not to confuse new users with secret behaviour this feature seems odd.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

wookieontheweb wrote:So there's weird effects because of this behaviour of subs to be built submerged. If you move one of your units onto a port then build you get a sub. Next turn you move the sub but it is now impossible to build another sub without moving the unit first because you always select the unit on top for movement. You are missing the switch unit type menu option. Alternatively you could just produce subs on the surface and these issues go away.

Given you try not to confuse new users with secret behaviour this feature seems odd.

Subs being buildt underwater and also while port being capped is by design and cool imo

...but the need to move a ship (or other unit on port) to build a sub is an error.. I think earth have already reported it..

Not entirely related, but there is a missing option to target the submerged unit if a surface/air unit is stacked on top of it. This is mostly a problem with kraken under a salamander.. the submarine and skimmer have a hard time to kill off the salamander to get to the kraken..

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Does that mean if I hide my sub under your port I will effectively prevent you from building your own subs from that port? I don't believe you can currently damage a submerged unit with anything but another submerged unit, so I could gain and hold naval superiority quite easily.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

wookieontheweb wrote:Does that mean if I hide my sub under your port I will effectively prevent you from building your own subs from that port? I don't believe you can currently damage a submerged unit with anything but another submerged unit, so I could gain and hold naval superiority quite easily.

yes that is correct.

But .. there will be possible to hit a submerged but visible sub with other units soon. The current discussion is if it should be with full force or a reduced attack.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » Bug Reports