[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Game cap?!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
OmegaD

OmegaD

What I want: We used to be able to play more games than our cap if we watched an ad periodically. Now it's impossible to join (or even browse) new games if you're over your limit. I want to go back to the old way.

Why it was changed: I suspect Spooky House felt they could earn a few extra bucks by forcing players to purchase the extra game slots instead of using the ad-based workaround.

Why the old way is better for business: This game needs more players to survive long-term, plain and simple. Our player base is tiny compared to what it could be. Milking the few people who are currently playing the game for even more money than they've already spent would be far less profitable than attracting new players.
As new players come in, they're going to get frustrated and leave if all their games are against 1500-rated noobs who rarely finish a game. They'll stick around if they are welcomed by the community, trained by the vets, and invited to games filled with people who know what they're doing.
Regardless of rating, the vets won't be able to play any games with these new players because everyone is already at max capacity with no room left for casual training games and little motivation to buy more slots just to train noobs.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I'm not sure why they stopped it, but they probably had a reason. It might just generate loads more dead games. e.g. New player joins, starts 30 games, makes 1 move in each, realises that this isn't a real time game, gets bored, never returns. That's 30 other people, many probably noobs with dead games.

However "Extra concurrent game" costs 50 coins. You can watch 10 ads and buy one for approx 10 mins of your time. You also get game slots and coins as rewards for completing the campaign, which also teaches you about the game... or you can buy some coins. If you invest some time in the game then its still easy to get them but you're more likely to stay.

As long as a message pops up that tells you how to get more slots, then I don't think it matters that much.

As for your point about vets, I've been here a while I probably count (thought I'm not high ranked). I have 30+ game slots now. Just by playing the game every day I earn 50+ coins per week. I don't even bother buying game slots cos I keep getting them as victory gifts. Game slots are not an issue for vets.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request