[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
POLL- Skip, Kick or Both?
Forum Index » New Feature Request
POLL- Skip, Kick or Both?
1) Keep the "Skip Turns" function as it is so you can't kick until 3 missed rounds 31% [ 5 ]
2) Go back to "Kick Player" only as it used to be 13% [ 2 ]
3) Something in the middle... Too many possibilities to list 56% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 16
dragoon

dragoon

I'm indifferent about team games myself as I don't play them. But in 2 player matches of 1 day or more there's a really high dropout rate and it's no fun skipping a player who obviously isn't coming back. When you have to wait 3 days to get rid of someone your available game slots fill up quick with dead games.

I wouldn't object myself to "skip player" working as it is now on 3 minute, 10 minute and 1 hr games as it seems much more likely the person would miss a turn for "life issues" or lost wifi/signal or whatever else. I see the reasoning here. I would however point out that if you know the other players or the game is going well you do have the option of waiting it out if someone goes over the time limit

I really think you need to have the option to kick players on the first turn they miss on 1 day/3 day games however. If someone misses a 24 hour turn they aren't coming back. (In most cases, that is, please don't list the one exception you might know of.)
[Avatar]
sandymac

[Avatar]
sandymac

I like the skip for a few turns before a kick but I also think the turn time should be reduced for a player if they've been skipped and having loaded uniwar since first skipped.

For example with a 1 day turn game if a player is skipped and their turn comes up again and their 'last online' time is greater than the turn time then they have 75% of the normal turn time (18 hours) to make an appearance before a skip is allowed. Finally when it comes to the absent player's turn time before a kick is allowed cap it to 50% the normal turn time (12 hours).
Anonymous

Anonymous
Why can't they both be options? Let the player(s) who's actually playing decide which one to do.

There's a lot of cases where I want to be able to kick them right away and there's some times I want to give them another chance. But the former is more than the latter.
rarebitfiend

rarebitfiend

Suggestion...

If the opponent is rated 1500 or under, you have the option to kick the first time they miss a turn.

If the opponent is rated 1501 and up then they can skip turns as we have it now.

This would let you clear out the "noobs" (hate that word) who join games and then quit but anyone who's actually won a few games will be able to skip a turn when needed. It seems like a good compromise to me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 22, 2009 16:47

Anonymous

Anonymous
I would say it should give you the option to kick with anonymous players...
Anonymous

Anonymous
skip feature should never have been implemented in the first place. if you get skipped, you or your team is probably going to lose anyways. it just prolongs the inevitable, so what's the point?
lion37

lion37

in 90% of the cases the skipped player is not comming back.
The 10% of the cases where they do come back are usually the most annoying.
Not only have they already ruined the game for everyone and probavbly made sure their team will lose, but now we have to still play with them.
Also, in my experience, if they got skipped once, they will get skipped again.

You sign up for a game - you play your turn on time. Period. If you miss 1 single turn there is usually no point in going on.
Anonymous

Anonymous
before skipping was implemented, at least you knew you should surrender if your teammate got kicked before round 4. now they get skipped in round 3 and you are forced to play and eventually lose.

so i say get rid of the skip feature.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Not going to happen, the devs have already said how much they like it in the other thread. Just deal with it.
Hachiman

Hachiman

Registered players in games with 1 hour turns or less should get 1 skip before getting kicked, at their opponents discretion.

Anon players and longer games should just get kicked for missing a turn, at their opponents discretion.
Anonymous

Anonymous
what about a time bank feature like how they do in online poker rooms? the more games you complete (win or lose) the more time is accumulated in your time bank.

if time runs out during your turn, time is automatically deducted from your time bank and added to your turn time (e.g. 4 more hours). when your time bank runs empty, you automatically get kicked (in poker, your hand gets folded and you sit out).

this also serves as an incentive to complete rated games. in other words, if you want extra time to complete your turn, you need to earn it first.
rarebitfiend

rarebitfiend

All right, a better suggestion that what I offered before:

"Skip Turns" could be another option that is enabled or disabled when you set up a match.

That should make most people happy, right? You don't like to have to "skip", you don't have to play in a game where it's enabled. It's trivial to go set up your own game where it's disabled instead.

You also know what you're getting into going in so you can seek out or avoid multi player games where it's enabled or not.

For example I would leave it on when playing friends and turn it off when playing strangers.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 24, 2009 13:13

Anonymous

Anonymous
Can we please just consider making it ONE SKIP and then kick? PLEASE?
Anonymous

Anonymous
I dont understand how this issue is even being dabated for games that are 12 hours or longer.

You sign up for a game, dont bother to play and keep everyone waiting for 12+ hours. And you think you deserve to do this 3 times before you are kicked?????!!!

And if you come back after the second time you are kicked you think all is forgoten and you get to do it all over again????!!!!

I dont want to play with anyone that thinks that makes any sense at all.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I have the feeling it's the same person writing all these anonymous replies...
Forum Index » New Feature Request