[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
EMP spam - new proposal
Forum Index » New Feature Request
blitzkrieger

blitzkrieger

Just had a little brainwave. EMP by itself is not too powerful - it's only when it becomes a spam that it's annoying. Which mean rather then nerfing EMP - we should be trying to stop EMP spam.

As such I can offer one immediate suggestion - one that even has the benefit of plausible story line.

Under my proposal, any engineer that is blasted by EMP would be subject to EMP cool off period. Either the full 10 turns - or a shorter period if desired.

And it's plausible - after all it's perfectly reasonable that the EMP generator would be affected by EMP pulse going of in its proximity.

Thoughts/comment s?

-- blitz
Anonymous

Anonymous
I like it.
Anonymous

Anonymous
maybe even just engineers themselves are shut down by EMP, just like titans are...
lion37

lion37

This will not stop EMP spam in many situations

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23, 2009 07:51

GameShaman

GameShaman

Hmmm, in most situations, this would still be avoidable. Move 1st Engineer 2 spaces away from 2nd engineer, EMP. 1st Engineer did not get hit. He can then move up next to the 1st engineer and the following turn move further than the 1st one and EMP. The train follows just out of range. A little more forethought, but spamming still easily possible.

Next to a base, it is even easier, the engineer you just built moves and EMPs. Then you build your next engineer and he can EMP his next turn, as he was not affected by the EMP.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Hachiman

Hachiman

It would only work to limit spam if EMP was move OR fire ASWELL as this proposal....
Anonymous

Anonymous
There are a few simple and and easy answers.

One is to make it so an engineer can't EMP and move in the same turn. Another is to raise the cost to 300.

Both of these are something that might actually make it into the game since they both makes sense and are balanced against similar units of the other races. Most important it wouldn't take long to change them.

All of this other talk is wishful thinking and blowing hot air. I'm sorry but they aren't going to do any major overhauls of units. This is a cheap game after all and they aren't going to invest a ton of hours testing and re-coding and re-balancing. Little fixes are all you can expect.

This goes for any suggestion. Anything that can't be changed quickly and that can't be explained in a simple and quick sentence so that everyone can say, "Oh, I get that" isn't going to happen. So many of these suggestions are decent but too complicated both to explain and to implement.

I say just enjoy the game you have. It's not perfect but it's never going to be.
Anonymous

Anonymous
yeah but even if that is true what's wrong with discussing various solutions?

The developers obviously read these forums, so the more discussion an issue gets, the more likely they are to gauge an issue as needing attention, and the more likley they are to find a useful idea to improve their game.

We are only discussing it because we really like their game, and want it to be as good as it can be.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Yes and no.

If the devs see a hundred different suggestions, all wildly different, they're going to shrug and do nothing since no one will be satisfied no matter what they do.

At a certain point too much discussion becomes self-defeating, especially if people keep throwing new ideas into the mix, and more so if many of these ideas would take a lot of work or make the unit a lot different than intended. Same for if you start going off topic and suggesting other units be changed as well.

No change is going to be made in this game unless when the devs read it, it seems so obvious that you wonder why it wasn't that way to begin with.

But knock yourselves out if you want to. I can deal with EMP the way it is and if it's changed I'll deal with that too. It's only a game.
Anonymous

Anonymous
clearly something needs to be done to even the playing field against sapiens. they dominate on most maps, esp if they go first on many 1vs1 maps.
Forum Index » New Feature Request