[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Unit - Krahl
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Pento

Pento

Hi there,
What do you think about a great Krahlean Unit.
I think of a Kobra Look a like super Wyrm with a ranged attack of 3 and MBA and MAA. Would be great if it would have nearly the same costs as a helicopter.
As well it should offer a descent attack to all kind of units.
Defense mustn't be too high, i think it should be enough just to play this super Wyrm and some Underlings around.
Like that you you don't have to focus to much on the other units Krahl might offer, because your already have a good combo against everything.

But that is just an idea it think this dream will never come true.

But perhaps some in the balancing group might think about these ideas and consider to realize just some of those.

Cu

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20, 2018 07:33

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

What you have described is the wyrm. It was just updated to also have move after attack. I'd like to see something new like terrain modifying units or a whole new race.

Perhaps a super gun unit. The unit starts in move mode. It moves slowly like most ground heavy units. It cannot attack at all in move mode. Then you plant it. once planted it will never move again. It has a long range 3-7 and high damage though probably needs 1 turn cool down i.e.1 turn fire 1 turn load. Not sure how to vary it between races. I think it would cause less build up because you'll be getting shelled from range if you do but would need to be fairly expensive.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Redfog

Redfog

First of all I can tell you that he was being sarcastic. And although I think you still will struggle against Titans and Khraleans it was already strong against Sapiens (although not easy to use effectively). Let me break down why:
1) as an Engineer sniper:
since with the introduction of the salamander, plague has become a much more common "feature" that will come to bear in a KvS matchup, the role of the engineer has become more than ever crucial to the Sapien. If it was already not easy to protect them from Swarmers it is even more so to protect it from wyrms.
2) as a Helicopter crusher:
having the maa, helicopters can easily single out some units to kill and in the same turn retreat, potentially behind some marines of their own. This won't protect them from long range shots though. Add in the fact that weakened helicopters deal heck of a lot less damage and the wyrm complements almost any kind of aerial army composition the Khraleans have to offer.
3) as an area denial tool:
it's hard to dodge a unit that has a potential attack range of 3+2 but especially the weaker armoured units like the bopper and the fuze will have a hard time against it. Sure, the swarmer does this job well enough but it often has to risk its life doing so.

Now my opinion on how the buff will affect the aforementioned points:
1) this will work just as well as before but with the additional bonus of getting out of reach of potential 'predators' will make this a lot more viable.
2) same as above
3) even more so here, the Wyrm will be able to reach key targets (such as a Bopper) and be able to retreat in the same round just to be healed back up again. Probably not the most effective strat in most situation but in some situations this could be a true game changer.

Yes I know, the borfly is both a counter to the wyrm as in some cases it may even be a more than worthy replacement (especially against navy) but at the cost of this extra mobility the wyrm has to offer. I can't decide just yet whether it is op now or not but I can understand the frustration coming from players that mostly play Sapiens. Just my two cents.
Pento

Pento

Correct it is very frustrating.
I now started to play Khral and I have to say. It's easy!
I had 5 or 6 wins in a row with ease. (Ranked)
Vs Titan it's hard to lose. Underlings, Borflys and some Swarmer are enough. I don't know what Titan can do against this combination.
And vs sapien it's a little more difficult in the beginning! but with the time Sapiens gets exhausted. Plague is killing them. Sapien can't get back in attack mode after the first attacks and is just busy with healing.

My conclusion: Khral is totally overpowered!!!
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

Pento wrote:Correct it is very frustrating.
I now started to play Khral and I have to say. It's easy!
I had 5 or 6 wins in a row with ease. (Ranked)
Vs Titan it's hard to lose. Underlings, Borflys and some Swarmer are enough. I don't know what Titan can do against this combination.
And vs sapien it's a little more difficult in the beginning! but with the time Sapiens gets exhausted. Plague is killing them. Sapien can't get back in attack mode after the first attacks and is just busy with healing.

My conclusion: Khral is totally overpowered!!!

So far I had enough luck with early speeders to prevent Khral from amassing too many borflys. Eclipse is effective vs anything Khral but it takes some skill in wasting it. Mass mecha on some maps can be a viable strategy .
Pento

Pento

First blood is on Titan, that's for sure.
Speeder is ok vs Khral.
With an eclipse you have a quite bad exchange rate vs Borfly.
Mass Mecha can be annoying but Mecha is normally to slow to get-/ and keep the good spots. On long term they lose.
But I am open you prove me wrong. I would try my best to convince you.
keymaster2

keymaster2

i agree with pento about the eclipse. although it takes out a borfly in 1 attack,the eclipse vs 2 borflies will cause the eclipse to die before it can kill the 2nd borfly and 1 eclipse and 2 borflies cost the same amount of credits
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

keymaster2 wrote:i agree with pento about the eclipse. although it takes out a borfly in 1 attack,the eclipse vs 2 borflies will cause the eclipse to die before it can kill the 2nd borfly and 1 eclipse and 2 borflies cost the same amount of credits

I build eclipses very sparingly, usually only one to support speeders and mechas or to take down a helicopter. I leave borflies to speeders usually.
Forum Index » New Feature Request