[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Eclipse: When & when not to Teleport...?
Forum Index » Titans
[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

I'm having trouble avoiding my Eclipses tending to get picked off when trying to use them for Anti-Air, & this is especially a problem when they have low defense & are spendy dudes. I rarely Teleport with them cause it seems to be hard to see when it'd even be worth the risk, unlike with the Mecha Teleport for Body-Blocking, Base Threatening, or just plain Distraction for humble cost.

When is & is not good times & ways to use the Eclipse Teleport?

Many thanks for your time.

Fav Unit: Plasma Tank

2nd Place: Garuda

3rd Place: Guardian

Honorable Mention: Walker
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've no idea if there is an attack use for the eclipse teleport. i only use it to retreat damaged ones somewhere back near home preferably to a health pad if that's an option.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Teleport eclipses to the save spots near the frontline.
Don't teleport them rigth in the middle of flying bullets as we usually do with mecha.

Wait until they're cool down. And march them to the battlefield.
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

In 1v1 random games I saw eclipse teleport exclusively as retreat method but in team games I saw people using it to teleport into teammate's army to provide anti-air coverage.
[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks for the Responses! I'm liking the sound of these ideas thus far.

Edit: Is there any easy way to tell what Hexes you have Vision on but the Opponent doesn't to get an idea of where ya could potentially Teleport Eclipses from Rear Bases they were built at to somewhere out of Enemy Sight to try to wait out the 'Post-Teleport Power Down Duration' then move them in for a Flank?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2018 23:04

[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

Tyrax Lightning wrote:Many thanks for the Responses! I'm liking the sound of these ideas thus far.

Edit: Is there any easy way to tell what Hexes you have Vision on but the Opponent doesn't to get an idea of where ya could potentially Teleport Eclipses from Rear Bases they were built at to somewhere out of Enemy Sight to try to wait out the 'Post-Teleport Power Down Duration' then move them in for a Flank?

None that I know of but even if there was a way it would not help you much. Don't relay on an opponent making balant mistakes. Using undo, even free one, gives you a lot of effective vision. Move a fast unit, see what's your opponent is doing, undo, repeat with other locations. Or if you don't have fast units around a base then build high vision unit, check the situation and undo unit. All three races have relatively cheap unit (250 credits) with 5 range vision and good mobility.

Staying out of reach for one turn is more reliable tactic. Unfortunately Uniwar is not like M.A.X. where vision plays significant tactical role, every ranged unit has vision equal or greater then attack range, all flying units have 5 vision, light vehicles also have 5, and few odd units have 3 vision. Only buried underlings and submerged submarine have noticeable short sight of 2.
[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

Pero wrote:
  Tyrax Lightning wrote:Many thanks for the Responses! I'm liking the sound of these ideas thus far.

None that I know of but even if there was a way it would not help you much. Don't relay on an opponent making balant mistakes. Using undo, even free one, gives you a lot of effective vision. Move a fast unit, see what's your opponent is doing, undo, repeat with other locations. Or if you don't have fast units around a base then build high vision unit, check the situation and undo unit. All three races have relatively cheap unit (250 credits) with 5 range vision and good mobility.

Staying out of reach for one turn is more reliable tactic. Unfortunately Uniwar is not like M.A.X. where vision plays significant tactical role, every ranged unit has vision equal or greater then attack range, all flying units have 5 vision, light vehicles also have 5, and few odd units have 3 vision. Only buried underlings and submerged submarine have noticeable short sight of 2.
Ahh yes, I keep forgetting about Undo Turn... never played anything that did stuff like that in a Tactics Game like this... it's also been a steep learning curve for me getting used to stuff like Woods not doing buggers to hide stuff inside them, where in other games like this, this'd be a natural Mechanic. My last game of this kind i'd played before this game long ago was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

It's awful easy to have an error & accidentally misclick a Unit to somewhere other then where ya meant to, or accidentally attack the wrong Unit Choice from Intended on a Phone Interface, even with Phone Wand use... if it wasn't for that, i'd agree with the Crowd that wants to remove Undo from the game.

Many thanks for the response. Guess Teleporting Eclipses from Rear Line to behind the Battle Front Line a bit is the way to go mainly, with Teleporting away to heal an option too.

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

That's correct. Blind spots in the close proximity are almost no exist in this game.
It's good to assume that enemies can see your eclipses during teleport.
So place them behind the line of your active soldiers.
The Impaler

The Impaler

I actually just posted something relevant on a question about when to get on a city. a good attack combines methods of aggression
forms of aggression:
killing units or saving units
taking terrain or blocking terrain
capturing or threatening a base capture or preventing one
getting a city turn or preventing one
forcing an unfavorable buy (ie map is bad for helicopter, buy many underlings, he will get overwhelmed if he doesnt buy a heli because underlings are so powerful on maps with lots of trees)

and now, adding to this list:

teleporting to either protect a more valuable unit, or achieve any of the above (terrain grab, threaten a base cap, preventing movement) - it can be good to go for a capture and then teleport a swath of units in so they cant get through them all to stop the cap. Eclipse and mecha on good terrain have great defense

you can get creative with it, but a combination of some or all of the above is what makes the optimal attack. (attack meaning anything to gain value)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07, 2018 20:08

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

[Avatar]
Tyrax Lightning

The Impaler wrote:I actually just posted something relevant on a question about when to get on a city. a good attack combines methods of aggression
forms of aggression:
killing units or saving units
taking terrain or blocking terrain
capturing or threatening a base capture or preventing one
getting a city turn or preventing one
forcing an unfavorable buy (ie map is bad for helicopter, buy many underlings, he will get overwhelmed if he doesnt buy a heli because underlings are so powerful on maps with lots of trees)

and now, adding to this list:

teleporting to either protect a more valuable unit, or achieve any of the above (terrain grab, threaten a base cap, preventing movement) - it can be good to go for a capture and then teleport a swath of units in so they cant get through them all to stop the cap. Eclipse and mecha on good terrain have great defense

you can get creative with it, but a combination of some or all of the above is what makes the optimal attack. (attack meaning anything to gain value)
These sound like cool tips! Many thanks!

One trick i've self-discovered for use on Large Maps with zero Mid-Map bases is that after your Front Line has moved to the midpoint of the Map or beyond, it can be a viable tactic to make bunches of Mechas & Teleport them into Bodyblocking Positions every turn forcing the Opponent (Better used on khraels then Saps...) to divide their Units's attention between your Main Force & the Mecha Bodyblockers so they can't focus all their attention on your Main Force that ya will be hard pressed trying to keep supplied with Reinforcements for walking them over land cause of the no Middle of Map Bases. Mechas that can just Teleport in on the cheap are a LOT more expendable then those slow bulky to waddle around Sand Dunes Plasma Tanks. Sadly this probably wouldn't fly vs Saps or they'll just counter with Engineers & Riposte your Mechas back onto ya... Though trying to Titans vs Saps on a large Map with no Bases in the middle might in of itself not even be a good idea anyway... accepting correction on this if i'm wrong. (Being able to Teleport Reinforcements of Eclipses in to try to keep Helis countered could maybe be precious here...)

keymaster2

keymaster2

in a 3v3 match i'm currently playing the enemy teleported 2 mechas to support the weakened sapien player i used salamders against.as long as they were protected you could do that with an eclipse
Forum Index » Titans