[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
ARTISTS! Head here to earn some unicoins, and help to update
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Today Pashaka graciously stated that SHS would look at updating the EXISTING tilesets with some new artwork.

The tiles are 240x240 mappable PNG files. I have no idea what this means. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm hoping some of you guys already know and can explain it below.

http://www.uniwar.com/assets/game/index.html

This is a link to the current assets.

I (we?) are looking for updated tiles for the Winter, Alien, Beach and Volcano tile sets.

Pieman pointed out that when you look at the tiles, all of the base colors of each tile are the SAME for Winrer alien beach and volcano. A mountain in winter is still a white tile. A dune in beach is the same color as a plains. A forest in Alien has the same orange-red base color to the tile as the rest of the non water alien tiles.

Compare this to the original tile set. Go look for yourself. I'll wait here.

*waits.*

You didn't go, did you? Well. I'll tell you - notice the mountain has a gray base. The forest has a green base. The dunes are a lighter yellow compared to the plains.

So we don't NEED you to recreate the entire tile. We need a cohesive color pallete for each tileset that isn't boring or over repetitive.

So, I look forward to seeing what you can bring to the table. Oh. And by the way - I'm throwing 5000 unicoins at this.

I'll be raffling off 1000 unicoins to anyone who submits an updated tile in the correct format. (5 separate raffles of 200uc each). Also I'll include anyone that helps artists to create these files, if an artist tells me they were helpful and should be in (case by case).

I have an additional 5000uc I'll set aside to award to anyone who has tiles selected and actually implemented into the game. 500uc per tile, or 5000uc split evenly per tile accepted and implemented by SHS.

We are very early in the process right now. So any ideas you guys got, let's hear em. We get a chance to positively impact the game we love. I'm excited to see what you guys got
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Hey laugh at me, go ahead, but honestly I'd very much appreciate kind of these simplified military satellite something something maps.

[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

If you need help with AI, I could lend a hand. I guess after 7 months of studying assets SHS is finally ready for baby steps so I'll give one ontopic criticism: swamp and desert tiles in vulcano tileset are easy to confuse. I can never tell which one is which, which shape of lava pond is good for a salamander and which one is bad.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Are you interested in new tile set ideas? Or are you just after improvements to the current sets?

P.s. my artistry is terrible but i have some ideas that might get people started. Also i don't need more unicoins i already have 5000 i have nothing to spend on and can't give to anyone.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Wookie - looking for updates to existing tiles, OR potentiallt replacment to existing tiles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29, 2018 17:00

Forum Index » General Discussion