[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
In game resolution keeps changing
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
Rayne storm

Rayne storm

I've noticed that occasionally (after updates, I believe) Uniwar displays in a higher resolution than normal, and even has the current rounds listed next to active games. For some reason I have been unable to determine, this higher resolution reverts back after a day or so. Why is this happening? Also, can I select which mode to play in? I really prefer the higher res mode with rounds listed.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Can you post some screen grabs?
You can use screenshot on android.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Rayne storm

Rayne storm

Sure, I'll have to wait until it happens again, which is infrequently. Does anyone else have the version where the round numbers are displayed in the game list?
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I have the latest android version 1.13.5

I have the round numbers when i put the screen in landscape mode. I normally have it locked in portrait though as the game is easier to use on a phone.

Rayne storm

Rayne storm

I also am using Android v1.13.5. I hadn't noticed before, but I can see the round numbers in landscape mode too. Like I previously mentioned, when it displays in the higher res mode, the round numbers are displayed even in portrait mode.
Rayne storm

Rayne storm

It finally did it again and I remembered to get a screenshot. It happened again after rebooting the phone.

Game with higher resolution, including round numbers:
https://postimg.cc/image/uapnvll19/f9807ed8/

Later that day, game auto reverted to a lower resolution, round numbers no longer displayed in game list:
https://postimg.cc/image/5u7i11cjx/3bafa1f4/

Has anyone else ever seen this, or know how to "force" the highest resolution?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30, 2018 01:20

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I only get the higher resolution when I rotate the device.

My only guess is the resolution of your device in portrait mode is really close to the limit that the menu decides if it can show the extra info. So the difference in pixels between round 18 and 20 is enough to push it over the edge and stop displaying the rounds.

You can test the theory:
- In the finished games area only have games that are less than 20 turns (i.e. delete the others)
- make sure there are some game that have 20 or 22 or 28 i.e. Wide chars. Not 21 in the online games section
- toggle the + for each and see if it adds/removes the rounds, you may need to exit the game and return between each state change to make it change

The only way I know to have it always display the round number would be to use landscape.

Forum Index » Technical Support Questions