[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Unit's color customization
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Auditore89

Auditore89

Well, i got somewhat tired of these old presets (even the "premium" ones) and was wondering about if we had the possibility to customize primary and secondary colors (and of course, getting a bigger pallette).
I think it would give some more personality to our units since we'd have lots of possible combinations. eg: Dark titan with red leds, green khral with black details, etc..

This feature would also reduce color conflicts/priorities

I'm not a very good programmer but i think it's very easy to do and wouldn't need much work. So, what do you guys think about it? I'd pay lots of unicoins for something like that
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

There is more work involved than you'd be expecting. Just hacking something into some code doesn't take long but this is a live product with a reasonably large user base. You have to be sure it works for everyone and doesn't break anything.

Also there is code that prevents opponents of the same or similar colours playing with their chosen colour. Currently this is a reasonably easy lookup table and even with the current set there are colours that are hard to distinguish especially in 4v4. Making it a free choice makes that algorithm significantly more complex and imho for very little benefit.

You might get away with allowing the trim colours to be a free choice and the base colours are from a fixed list, but even then i suspect a same race match e.g. white bugs with green trim vs green bugs with white trim, will still get confusing.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request