[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New turret tile?
Forum Index » New Feature Request
JosiahSpeck

JosiahSpeck

I (and many others) believe that adding capturable turrets would be a great addition. If they were to work the way I envision, they would work the following ways:

-They would not generate creds

-They would be able to attack one (highly damaging) time per turn, and be very tough. (Similar to a tank)

-Thet would become nuetral again when destroyed

-Maybe to capture, requires destroying nuetral one first, or simply claiming as with the other bases.

Anyway, there's my suggestion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02, 2018 00:11

I'm great at RTS games, and I can beat most computers at turn-based games, yet I absolutely lack the ability to win against humans. I'm gonna have to work on that.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

That'd make a nice idea, if you keep it at odd amounts that is. Making even amounts or maybe even more or close to each other might turn matches into defensive ones.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
JosiahSpeck

JosiahSpeck

Yeah. A couple of ways to fix that might to lower the range or lower the attack rate (i.e., once every two or three turns). Thanks for the feedback!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04, 2018 00:56

I'm great at RTS games, and I can beat most computers at turn-based games, yet I absolutely lack the ability to win against humans. I'm gonna have to work on that.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I like this idea. Sort of cities with bite.

To flesh it out a bit, what do you think the attack/defence/range should be?

I was thinking it could be 1st cap to own it, then 2nd to activate it. Its range should be >1 e.g. 2 to 5. So If you were firing at your enemy with it and they got a cap, it would switch to their colour but they could not fire it. When they capped it the 2nd time then they could start firing. If you capped it before their 2nd man then it just changes colour and you're both wasting resources but the gun isn't firing.

Not sure about team games, but I suspect the simplest option is it owned by the individual not the team. In my example if you wanted to pass a turret to a team mate they'd need to expend 2 units capping it (on 2 separate turns).

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
JosiahSpeck

JosiahSpeck

Actually, that's a great idea! As for the stats, In my own opinion, they should along the lines of the following:

Range: 3-4

Damage: 10-14 (a little more than a tank)

Defense: 10-14

Let me (and possibly the devs) know your thoughts, everyone! These are just my own opinions, so if you have better suggestions, or just any at all, let them be known!

Thanks again!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04, 2018 18:52

n!/s

n!/s

Imo it should only be capturable via support units, thus introducing a second role to them. Would be pretty interesting as well due to their weak defense and slow movement.
JosiahSpeck

JosiahSpeck

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Though that might be a little bit too difficult to do both caps with a support unit. One or some of the following might be a good variation of that idea:

One of the caps has to be done with a support unit

A support unit must be adjacent to the turret to fire it

Turrets can only be repaired when a support unit is adjacent/only support units can repair it

If a support unit is used to capture a turret it counts a two caps

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

You need to keep things simple for the sake of new players and dev time. 2 caps is already pushing it.

One issue i see is with damage. There are no units that can affect the terrain on a map so it can't simply be destroyed. So if you destroy a turret does it simply return to empty? Does it become inactive but still owned?

I think it should be the later but also that it's much weaker. Somewhere between a base unit and speeder/marauder. Thematically you've killed the operator but not undone the modifications that allowed them to fire it. i don't think you can destroy it twice.

You also need to make it unique imo i.e. range 4 to 6 and/or able to hit submerged or not able to hit aerial, etc. If it's just a static walker that bugs can own then it will significantly reduce the effectiveness of titans. if it's only a static wyrm is it worth spending 200+ credits on it to attempt to fire it? Not sure i have an answer yet.

JosiahSpeck

JosiahSpeck

Great points. Something I like about Uniwar is its simplicity, and I don't want anything in the game that'll go against that. It's difficult to keep a complicated game balanced. I agree with the idea that a turret deactivates when "destroyed", rather than returning to nuetral. To solve the issue of it being technically a tile, maybe when captured the tile allows you to build a turret on it, like a normal base, but with only one unit option. And of course, I'm sure the devs could simply "summon" a turret unit under certain conditions. viz., when the tile is captured. As for something that makes the turret unique/special, I'm not sure either. Besides just making it a super buff wyrm, walker, or battery, I've only got a couple of ideas. There is the dangerous option of giving the turret's attack a debuffing ability, or making it ignore armor but I really can't see that being implemented. Not quite the "Uniwar Simplicity" we all know and love. Then there is the idea of making the turret somewhat weak, but it can attack every unit in its range on its turn. Besides that, I only have a few more far-fetched ideas like only certain units can damage turrets, but not really ones that fit in with the rest of the game. So, once again, everyone post your opinions below.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 06, 2018 18:00

n!/s

n!/s

That would probably the simplest option: make the turret be of a new unit type: static. Static units can only be constructed from turret sites (like harbors). Once capped, the turret can be built. It's movement would simply set to 0 (or the possible movement tiles to none). Also I advocate that to keep the races unique the Khral would get an 'Infected Turret', the Titans a 'Plasma Cannon' and the Sapiens an autocannon 'Hellfire'. The names were just the first thing that came to my mind though and are up for discussion
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

@n!/s I like that idea the best so far as it fits closest with the rest of the game.

A new tile "Strategic Point" (SP). You can own and cap it exactly like a port and like a port it does not produce any credits. It can only build static units. The first new static unit would be the turret. Others could be field hospital, drop points (i.e. point to point movement shortcut), mines (for extra credit generation), bombs, blockades, etc. Each static unit is built in the normal way.

I think static units should have a decommission option. It takes 1 turn to complete but allows you to clear the SP so you can subsequently build something new.

n!/s

n!/s

@wookieontheweb I think we agree on that. Probably mainly because this for the most part does not really require new attributes/properties but rather just changing a few values that already exist thus making it the easiest to implement. At least I think it is.

Decommission might also work without too much effort (I imagine just triggering the same function that is triggered when a unit gets dealt enough damage to be destroyed)
Forum Index » New Feature Request