[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
glitch!?!?
Forum Index » General Discussion
darussian1

darussian1

[link://0,11153042,Random-1749376,1,0,2,0,0,0,64187,Frozen Fortress,1]

I've played uniwar for a couple of years and I run into players that just can't be beaten. In the replay I posted above you can see that my full health unit attacks a damaged unit on the same terrain and my unit takes more damage. The opponents units do an increased amount of damage on my units when attacking, taking low damage while demolition my units health. Is anyone else noticing this glitch? It's very few players that use the glitch and thier win/lost records reflect it. I've played someone with 1 loss and 103 wins, obviously he was glitching. I still love the game and hope all the cheaters get banned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24, 2018 13:58

duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2349.page

The attack formula is not super straight forward ..

http://uniwar.willingham.net

Rest assured. You aren't being glitched. Sometimes I spend about 15 minutes trying to get the best results from my attacks. It is how the game is designed. There's a discussion about if this is ideal or not. That would be a fair question to ask.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I'm surprised you've not run into the RNG before. Some players spend much, MUCH longer than others painstakingly trying out hundreds of combinations (and even deducing the sequence) before making their final move.

Personally I rather this information was made visible (similar to buried units) so we all got the same information to work with when we don't have that kind of time to dedicate to deriving it.

103-1 is not uncommon for a top level player starting a new account to see if they can create a clean sheet. "TheImpaler" did that and did better. I am sure he doesn't have the need to glitch the system, he just plays really carefully, thoughtfully and usually slowly.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
IvanK

IvanK

Ha ha, I'd like to know RNG's internal state for my hobby UniWar AI project. But from game design perspective I'd rather have outcomes independent of the play order. Instead of having one RNG sequence for the whole game, have separate sequence (or just "seed") for each unit.
The Impaler

The Impaler

darussian1 wrote:

I've played someone with 1 loss and 103 wins, obviously he was glitching. I still love the game and hope all the cheaters get banned.

*COUGH* I am one of those people and I am certainly not glitching. There is no cheating in uniwar. There are three things you need to realize:

1) damage is calculated based upon random dice rolls, so it will not always be the same.
2) damage can be increased using "gangup" bonuses.
3) using the infinite undo feature you can use both of these features to optimize a turn to extents you may find equivalent to cheating, but it is most certainly allowed.

The skill ceiling in this game is incredibly high, which is why I reached the rank of #6 globally with only a single loss.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
Forum Index » General Discussion