[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Any New Units
Forum Index » General Discussion
Bigface11

Bigface11

A while back when you guys were creating the first set of new units (tank busters or amphibians, can't remember which came first), you said there would likely be 18 new units in total. That's basically 6 sets of new units for each race. Just curious if that is still the case or if that has been scrapped since then. No problem either way, but was hoping to see some more concepts.
duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

Hiya

I am not a game developer, but I have heard (just rumor) that at this time the other new units are not in development.

Spookyhouse Games (SHG) - who took over ownership and development of the game AFTER Xavi had announced the 18 new units - has stated their focus is on cleaning up the UI, campaign, and ways to bring new players into the games. (Paraphrasing.)

SHG has made some interesting updates to the game of course, including the daily mission and new campaign.

Sadly at this time no plans I'm hearing about to add in the Mass Destruction Units, the Terrain Modifier Units, or the other class I'm forgetting

But.... I hold out hope that one day we will see new units or new races

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28, 2019 22:28

duaneski |TT|

duaneski |TT|

Update: from Xavi's original post on the new units:

Terrain mutator units. (cancelled due to changing the fundamental game mechanics)
Goal: to transform terrain.

.. so apparently those were off the table a long time ago )

Anti aerial units. I haven't heard any hub bub on them at all in as long as I can remember. I think player discussion was "do we really need that?"

And AOE units I think was a similar discussion.... like how do they get balanced without making walker / battery / wyrm even more irrelevant
Jin-Gitaxias

Jin-Gitaxias

I believe that this would be really cool but the following is the main issue for them.

Terraforming: Coding nightmare, slowly changing the map why add this unless games are supposed to last 100+ rounds.

Anti-air + Titan air unit: What do we really need it for? The titans getting an air unit would be cool but still.

WMD/UNIQUE UNIT: Several ideas have been suggested. I personally think it would be balanced by allowing only 1 to be built per game. Cost would definitely be 1200+ and they would only be able to be built after a certain number of rounds.

But yeah... No new units for awhile

Edit: the unique units would be tgings like a Brood Queen for khal, some kind of flying aircraft carrier for sapien, and such ideas like a massive UFO style aircraft for titan. There are cool ideas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27, 2019 06:08

The Impaler

The Impaler

Yeah new units are on hold. the game is already very complicated (just check the unit info page... and imagine you are a new player).

the two units that xavi considered were area of effect and terrain modifier, the others were subs, amphibians and tankbusters, all of which are already made.

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
UniWar Brasil

[Avatar]
UniWar Brasil

duaneski |TT| wrote:Hiya

I am not a game developer, but I have heard (just rumor) that at this time the other new units are not in development.

Spookyhouse Games (SHG) - who took over ownership and development of the game AFTER Xavi had announced the 18 new units - has stated their focus is on cleaning up the UI, campaign, and ways to bring new players into the games. (Paraphrasing.)

SHG has made some interesting updates to the game of course, including the daily mission and new campaign.

Sadly at this time no plans I'm hearing about to add in the Mass Destruction Units, the Terrain Modifier Units, or the other class I'm forgetting

But.... I hold out hope that one day we will see new units or new races

New drives bring new bugs and affects the balance. I think it's better to involve more new players (like me) and grow the gameplay: new sprites, movement of the pieces ... this kind of things. Visual elements for me is the most important.

* Sorry, if has any typing error, it's because i'm not a native english.*
Forum Index » General Discussion