[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Your guide to BLITZ mode – DANCE DANCE DANCE!
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
Cidster

Cidster

So you either saw a Blitz-tournament or you somehow found yourself in an X-files style "lost time" situation.
[note to self: edit that, unlikely anyone knows the X-files anymore ]

In any case, welcome to Cidster's little !! BLITZ-compendium !!

BLITZ mode means short timers (so all the fun of a 3-min, 2-min or 1-minute game ) coupled with the regular 12 / 24 / ... hours per turn:
After your opponent's move you will get the usual time per turn but once you enter a game during your turn the timer will drop to a minute or so (depending on the Blitz-number the map author puts in the map's description). Once the timer reaches 0 your turn will be sent automatically.

Also, be careful: There is no overtime in Blitz games! If you do not play at all in the total time given (12h / 24h / or whatever's set) or if you leave a game while the timer is reaching 00:00:00 you will lose your turn entirely! Meaning in a Blitz game, if you're not in the game and time runs out then after a minute or so (to allow for connection issues on your end) your turn will be hard-skipped, old school style. And with no fancy-cakes skip-assistant for Pros either.

So, in Blitz games there's no worrying about the morale implications of skipping no redoing your turn a few hundred times, no thinking it over 'til tomorrow, no wormhole-testing, but just raw unimpeded ACTION! Also, take care not to enter these games by accident, the timer won't freeze if you leave. For the same reason, mind your connection. As the relatively young saying has it: "Don't blitz on trains or planes!"

Some technical comments:
The Pro-feature "step-undo" may help you a lot – or make things even more frantic, not sure. Going to settings(-visuals) and turning off unit movement/attack animations does save you time – but these games will still be tough and if you like the animations (I do ) it's totally doable with them enabled.

Blitz is also a pretty new feature so please report any bugs in-game (in open english chat) or pm me in-game. I probably won't respond to comments here because what's the point? Like all self-respecting Uniwarriors I just love posting the same answers over and over and having the same discussions over and over and over again in chat.

[Note to self: maybe use less smileys. Or more.]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09, 2019 22:14

Cidster

Cidster

[placeholder in case I forgot something – or need to add some cool new smileys]
Forum Index » Guides & Tips