[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Catch-Up guide for old players?
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
darf nader

[Avatar]
darf nader

I started playing Uniwar over 10 years ago, but as I became bored with it after waiting for “UniWar 2” which just never came, I stopped playing. Fast forward maybe 6 or 7 years later, for whatever reason, I opened the game to see if updates ever came and much to my shock the gameplay was completely updated and then some. I’m guessing this happened years ago - probably in more than one major update. I am already feeling the eye-rolls as I type this, but is there a quick guide on all of the changes that have happened since the original incarnation from 10+ years ago? I see lots of new units, sets of new battle modifiers, new terrain like cities and roads, amphibious and submersible modes and attacks, and that’s just the stuff I could see in a single player game. There used to be a tutorial for noobs (which I guess I am again) as well as a full guide in-game but it looks like it either was moved, removed or was changed.

Honestly, if there is any guide for old farts like me who only played original Uniwar (back when y’all were in diapers) that explains the changes since then, that would be utterly exceptional. Still, I am not to proud to go back to basic and start over and learn the new game. I’m sure the new game design means very different strategy and tactics. I just can’t find the ding-dang noob guide since I have an existing account that I created back in the days of the iPhone 2. (Not even kidding!)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: for reference, the last major update I experienced was after custom maps were introduced and you could challenge friends to play on said maps. I stopped playing after that and totally regret it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 21, 2019 06:05

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Firstly welcome back, I've only been around for3 years. Secondly you can tell you're not up to date as almost no one posts here anymore. Pretty much everything gets asked and answered in the ingame chat.

The short answer to your question is play the tutorial. Not only does it show you all the units and tiles (i think, haven't played it for a long while) but it also rewards you with coins.

Probably the biggest change is xavi sold uniwar to spookyhouse, which for a while meant development seemed to stop but patience is a virtue and now pashaka is very actively bringing lots of new content to the game. I heartily recommend the pro if you have some coins saved up.

There are about 20k maps now to play but if you join the normal ranked random you'll only see the top 100.

Something fun and new is the daily challenge. Try that out.

Other than the new units and some tweaks to the old units to maintain balance, the game is still much the same. Probably the biggest change is the cities as they are a second source of income while a unit sits on them, but it's risky as the unit is very weak.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » Guides & Tips