[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Number-capped, low-cost, gap-filler unit concept.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Winter Pole

[Avatar]
Winter Pole

I have an idea of unit type that would fill the gap the factions need most desperately need covered, costing little, but being limited in production.
Their max number in service would be related to total base count on the map - each 10 bases on the whole map, irrespectively of the owner, would allow maintenace of one such unit at a time per player, rounding up - 4, 9 or 10 bases total would allow one such unit, 11 would allow two.
After the unit is destroyed, replacement might be built.
For Titans, I think of aerial unit, good at dealing with vehicles and vessels, but hardly anything else, from close distance. Shape similiar to modern military UAV.
For Sapiens, my concept is slow, unplagueable infantryman in exoskeleton, very durable (repair +2 maybe) and with equal, mediocre attack power against all non-infantry and rather awful against infantry itself. Would be affected by Sapiens' own EMP.
For Kharleans, I propose a vehiculiar (ground heavy) unit that would have range of 3-4, decent at pounding at aerial units. Oversized spider flinging webs at enemies.
Cost of each somewhere between 250 and 400.
Feedback about "what factions need" especially welcome!
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

There's is a strong desire in the game to try and keep the races as unique as possible. Titans don't have aerial, bugs are cheap but weaker, saps are the all rounds. Many feel there id already too much cross over e.g fuze and swarmer. These units feel like they would blur the lines more rather than emphasize the differences.

However the concept of units capped by the total bases on a map is interesting. I.e. you'd not only have to save enough but also kill an opponent's special unit to be able to build your own.

However don't get your hopes up. New units are very rare and the main aim of the balance team is just that, balance. New units throws balance off for about a year.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request