[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UV blasts should hurt buried underlings
Forum Index » New Feature Request
lion37

lion37

We all know that the Titans UV blast is almost useless.
I suggest that it be slightly enhanced so that it also damages buried underlings.

While it would be very difficult to do, this creates the possibility for a titan player to clear an area of buried underlings by detonating 10 or more UV blasts in the same area at the same time.

Without this enhancement, UV will remain almost completely useless.
Anonymous

Anonymous
maybe uv rays aren't supposed to pass through solid objects, like the ground. it can only damage units exposed above ground.

but i agree uv blast is one of the most underused special attacks since it's so useless.
Anonymous

Anonymous
It was suggested that UV blasts could reveal the location of buried underlings for 1 turn..I think that would be a great use for it
lion37

lion37

I understand that having UV blasts expose all the underlings would be "cool". But I think it would also be all but useless.
You can tell fairly well where the underlings are right now by looking at the numbers on your units.

What I am saying is that if we want to make UV blasts even a little bit usefull, then they should damage buried underlings.

Also, they could do both.

Hachiman

Hachiman

Dude,

I don't think just because something is frustrating you in a current game is a fair reason to ask that it be changed.

For example, like in the game we are having now, of course buried underlings are going to get used against Titans. However the fact that our game is quite even, with you probably having the advantage shows that there is no need for such changes. You already get to capture them with your assims as soon as they pop up... that's advantage enough.

If Titans were given better options against buried underlings, it would certainly unbalance Khral / Titan match ups.

Save the suggestions for things that really matter, like EMP spam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31, 2009 07:53

lion37

lion37

Hachiman,

I assure you I did not post that request just to change the balance in our current game.
Do you honestly think that I care so much about the outcome of 1 single game that I would ask for the entire game rules to be changed just for that??
It is very unlikely that the developer team would make this change fast enough to influence our current game in any case.

In my honest opinion, this change would make the game more fun, interesting, and balanced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31, 2009 08:06

kickyourass

kickyourass

I wouldn't call the UV blast useless. I've definitely used it to off a couple enemies with 1 or 2 hit points. It also works well to reduce the attack power of an entire army if you have 2 or 3.
lion37

lion37

Ok. Thats why I said it was "almost useless".
There are very few situation where I found it really hepled much at all.

Regardless, do other players agree or disagree that the game would be more interesting/ balanced/ fun/ exciting if UV blasts would also damage burried underlings?

Anonymous

Anonymous
UV Blasts damage buried underlings or not, underlings get crushed for damage or not, it really doesn't affect game play all that much.

I think most people don't care, and there's a hundred other things that need to be fixed, such as the fact that 1/2 the maps completely favor one race and many games are won or lost by the player who knows the single correct opening move.

Anonymous

Anonymous
"Almost useless" is a matter of opinion. Lots of us find it very useful especially when you blast many at once. You seem to have a habit of putting down everyone else's input while insisting we all listen to you. Not the best way to be heard.
lion37

lion37

I will respond to your silly post if you identify yourself.
Hachiman

Hachiman

lion37 wrote: Hachiman,

I assure you I did not post that request just to change the balance in our current game.
Do you honestly think that I care so much about the outcome of 1 single game that I would ask for the entire game rules to be changed just for that??

No, I do not. I'm not at all suggesting that you are.

I am suggesting that you are complaining about a trivial game element because you've discovered it's a little hard to deal with, despite the fact it works as designed and is not unbalancing.

Should I suggest that Swarmers should have a range of 3 because I can't close range with Walkers easily in one turn, and that makes them hard to deal with? The point is both Walkers and Underlings, used correctly should be hard to deal with.

And I feel filling up the board with trivial and unnecessary requests means the real issues with the game are more likely to get lost in the clutter.

I don't mean to have a go at you personally, I see you are genuine, I just think your perspective has been a bit skewed from getting the short end of the stick with Titans, and so I disagree with you.

Titans vs Khrals is way more balanced than Titans vs Saps, and so shouldn't be messed with, at least until the latter is fixed.

Forum Index » New Feature Request