[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Probably Damage Calculator seems bugged
Forum Index » General Discussion
TheArtOfUniwar

TheArtOfUniwar

I didn't know how much bonus a buried underling gets so I wanted to do some testing. I went to the Four Neighbors map to play with a friend and I consistently get confusing things to happen in the damage calculator.

Scenario 1:

First game I made, I immediately built an underling and buried it in the center. Then placed a tank next to it, and this image is what I saw. I am clearly doing damage, but the calculator doesn't show anything on the tank. I did a couple more turns and every turn after that, whether buried or unburied, this is all I could see. I deleted the game (probably should have tested building a new unit first). After mentioning this in the chat, I went to see if I could recreate the problem but ran into different issues

Scenario 2:

In the second game, I did the same thing and this time I can see numbers, but either I got extremely lucky or those numbers on the tank aren't right. The unicalc damage calculator says I should have a 46% to do 2 damage and a 52% chance to do 3 damage from an underling re-surfacing on a mountain to a tank on normal terrain. Unicalc version seems more likely.

Scenario 3:

Still in the same game, I reset the RNG by hitting the marauder with the tank and tried using the underling to attack again and the numbers stayed the same as before and now I'm doing an impossible 3 damage according to the calculator.

So basically, all 3 test cases seem to be wrong or have errors. I've also noticed in games where sometimes gang up bonus is counted in the probabilities and sometimes it isn't, but don't have pictures of that at the moment. Is there something I'm missing?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 28, 2023 23:12

locmerci

locmerci

These shits is necessary, they don’t dare even open the attack algorithm any. Advices? Just a joke here Ignoring the shits is better than waste typing time. Nothing changes. Do not is totally different from can not.
Forum Index » General Discussion