[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random seed and RNG function
Forum Index » General Discussion
tadpole

tadpole

Is there a way to determine the seed used in a uniwar game? And is it known what RNG is used?

As good as the wormhole is, and other probabilistic damage calculators, I still feel at the whim of randomness. If I wanted to play well I would need to go through all iterations of attacks and log the results and undo/redo the turn. This is a very painstaking process.

With knowledge of the RNG and seed I could at least avoid all of this trial and error.

Is there anything known about this?
tadpole

tadpole

I've determined what the random number generator is, but I am still unsure of how to determine what the seed is for each game. Does anybody know if this information is available?
tadpole

tadpole

For transparency. I took a look at a decompiled apk file. I found that the Random number generator is a xorshift function:

And the random number generator is seeded at instantiation by

So this tells me how the seed is generated, and how it is progressed. But I am still missing an important piece. How can I retrieve the random seed from my games? Any help would be appreciated.

Of course I could be way off. Reading a decompiled app is not a clear or easy process.
Forum Index » General Discussion