[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Deliver Plague / Infect.... I'm confused!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
kickyourass

kickyourass

Today in a game I went to Infect a Sapien to take him over (or was it Deliver Plague?)..only to find out I didn't take control of the enemy, I infected him (or gave him the plague??).

Every time I go to choose one of the two options, I can't remember which is which, since essentially they're grammatically the same thing.

You guys should definitely rename one of the two options to make it clear. Please!
GameShaman

GameShaman

Well, they are using infect because I assume they mean they are inserting some parasite into the marine to take over it's body and therefore control it.

A plague is a sickness that spreads and makes people sick and ultimately results in death in most cases. A plague would in no means imply taking over. So making a sapien sick and that sickness spreading makes complete sense.

I think the names are fine.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Anonymous
i think if you use the word "convert", it would be clearer, e.g. "infect to convert troop".

and maybe instead of "deliver plague" rename it to "spread plague". "deliver" sounds like you're giving someone a package, whereas "spread" sounds like you're propagating a virus.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Does anyone ever actually use plague?
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

To the anonymous user, yeah, I use plague.
It can be devastating in the right situation, if not totally annoying lol
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

Unimarobj wrote: To the anonymous user, yeah, I use plague.
It can be devastating in the right situation, if not totally annoying lol

Yeah, I can totally back up Unimarobj on both counts! In the right place, you can really screw over the Sapiens player, especially if his units are tightly packed and not much room to move. (Unless he already has a lot of engineers.) I have also been on the receiving end, and it is SO annoying when you get rid of the plague on some units only to give it to other units, because you were not paying attention to where you were placing your copters or marauders on their second move. (I recently had a game where I got plague once, and it took me over 14 turns to completely eradicate it! If I had been more careful, it would have taken less. However, sometimes for tactical reasons, you have to put a unit in a certain place -- and if that place is next to unplagued units, they will have the plague on your next turn. Can really trip you up...)
Anonymous

Anonymous
I get where it's annoying, but how is it devastating? I usually just let it go and don't see much difference.
Anonymous

Anonymous
plague is not supposed to be devastating. it's supposed to buy you time. if your opponent's marines are using a turn to heal, that's one less turn they're using to attack you. it also forces them to buy an engineer if they haven't already.
q

q

What does plague do again? I always ignore it and can't say it's given me much of a disadvantage at all.
GameShaman

GameShaman

q wrote: What does plague do again? I always ignore it and can't say it's given me much of a disadvantage at all.

When it is cast, it infects all sapien units (other than engineers) within range of the infector with plague. Then, at the beginning of each turn for the sapien player, any non engineer sapien adjacent to an infected unit gets the plague as well. While plagued, each unit that was plagued before the sapien players turn began, loses one health. Units remained plagued until they take a turn to heal while adjacent to an engineer.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Forum Index » New Feature Request